RC Enthusiast

Transmiter range issues

So i dont know if its related at all but as soon as i installed my bluetooth link in my transmitter i began i have range issues at about 100-125 feets ( yesterday it did it at about 75 ft) but it doesnt hapens everytime. I know batteries arent new (rechargable duracell freshly charged ) but when i look on the linkís app it says they are halfed charged. Doesnt the light on the transmitter flash when the batteries are too low ?

Use quality alkaline batteries. 1.5v vs 1.2v per cell.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Okay thx ill try that

RC Racer
    If you are going to use rechargeables, then the nimh Eneloop batteries are the ones you want, I run them in my mouse, video game controllers, and in my transmitter. It always shows full charge when they are actually fully charged. The actual voltage is 1.5v fully charged, I think the rated 1.2v is from the same thing as lipo batteries, nominal voltage.

I also use a Nitecore D4 to charge them with though, being as it's a better charger than the cheap ones that batteries come with, maybe that's what the difference is.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Use quality alkaline batteries. 1.5v vs 1.2v per cell.
    Well i bought new duracell and i still have the same issue, but ive noticed that i dont lose steering but i can rock the triger back and forth and nothing happens, i have to wait like 4-5 seconds and then it goes
    It does it like 4 times per run and it always hapens at a medium distance (125-175ft )
    Last edited by TYPHOON1980; 01-02-2020 at 04:05 PM.

RC Champion
    Make sure that where you are running doesnít have a bunch of electric garage doors and/or someone using a device that interferes with your signal from TX to RX. So if changing batteries doesnít work, next if possible change the place you run if itís not already an open area. Next before running it again, check the receiver box and make sure your receiver box or part of the receiver box isnít pinching your coax anywhere. After this is done and verified, you can then move the antenna wire up and out of the blue tube about 1-2Ē. This should be the piece of antenna that has a very small wire about 1Ē long at best, and then a small metal piece that is about 1Ē or so. This should help with normal range issues as a lot of the antenna wire is stuffed down in the receiver box. You got new alkaline batteries and that isnít the issue. So move on to the steps Iíve listed. If you can eliminate all other possible issues one by one, you can check your vehicle first, then go down this post and you should be able to narrow the issue down pretty fast. Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

RC Enthusiast
    Okay thanks ill check that ,,, ive also noticed that the esc sometimes blinks 4-5 times when i turn it on, some other times its just stays solid green, is it normal ?
    Its a new truck just about 3 weeks old, i know some of you would say just call traxxas but my english isnt really great ( im french ) so i though id check here first

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks 222 it was the antena wire that was only at about half the blue tube, i pulled it all the way up ( took the receiver cover off to genlty push it out and at the same time i pressed all the plugings making sure they were all the way in) and it seems like it fixed my range issue

RC Champion
    Good deal. Glad you were able to get it working.

RC Qualifier
    Were you able to run the rechargeable batteries or just the alkalines?
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours