RC Competitor

How to fix tilted wheel

Hi all,

As you can see from the pic below, my slash 4x4 back wheels has severe tilt. This was a side effect after I lowered my car body following the instructions here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uytvBXu4xKE.

The tilted wheels will impact the efficience and speed of the car. How can I fix it?

When I looked the back wheel, I found there was a metal bar, as indicated in the pic below. What is it for? May it can fix my problem?

They're not "tilted"...that's "toe-in". It helps to improve rear wheel reaction. By adjusting the rear turnbuckles, you can increase/decrease the toe-in angle. Just remember, you don't want the rear wheels/tires perfectly straight-forward...you DO want them angled inward.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

There is no problem, that is the way the truck is designed. Do you have the manual for the truck? It explains what the camber link is for....to adjust the top of the tire to have positive (top of tire further out than bottom) or negative (opposite) camber. You want to adjust the toe-in which you could do by going with the plastic axle carriers or swap the left and right carriers.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    If I remember correctly, the traxxas 4x4 rear carriers add 3 degrees or so of toe in, in addition to the built in toe-in in the bulkhead. Swapping them essentially reduces toe in by 6 degrees on each side which is a lot

You should also be able to use the 2wd aluminum rear carriers to get an in-between setting since rear rustler and stampede rear arms are identical to 4wd arms, and rear axles swap perfectly between Sl4sh and 2wd rustler and stampede.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Only the aluminum allows for the more toe angle is installed. Swapping them left on right and right on left makes them closer to 0 toe. It helps with stability though. And since you aren't going fast and have a higher than normal cog and tip over, you should leave it alone. That adjustable rod for the rear is for the camber, not the toe

RC Competitor
    Thank you all for letting me know. Sounds like to toe-in is a good thing.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    There is no problem, that is the way the truck is designed. Do you have the manual for the truck? It explains what the camber link is for....to adjust the top of the tire to have positive (top of tire further out than bottom) or negative (opposite) camber. You want to adjust the toe-in which you could do by going with the plastic axle carriers or swap the left and right carriers.
    My car has negative camber. To run the car fast and improve the stability, Should I change it to 0 camber?

The turnbuckle you are pointing to is to adjust camber, not toe-in.

Toe-in is adjusted by other means. Read through your other threads to see answers:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6518951

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...parts-question

Good luck, have fun, and happy new year!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein