RC poster

Post Brand New Revo 2.0 Issues

I am not new to RC but it has been a while since I have owned one. I decided to get back into it and pulled the trigger on a new REVO 2.0. I have only had it a few days and I have already had a few issues with parts coming loose but nothing big. Yesterday however I was bashing around the yard and suddenly the truck stopped responding. I went to check it out and it was turned completely off. I turned it back on and it was fine for a little while and then did it again rolling into the side of the house this time since I lose all control when it powers off on its own. I am just reaching out to the community to see if anyone else has experienced this issue and any advice as to how to fix it.

Thanks,

RC Enthusiast
    That sounds like an electrical short. Are your battery connectors holding, and is your battery properly restrained in the battery tray?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm almost 100% sure you have a bad ESC. I had a lot of experience with this and became a dangerous issue at speed. I would reach out to Traxxas for a replacement under warranty. Here is my entire thread on it:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...g-off-mid-runs

RC poster
    The batteries and connectors seem secure to me. I agree this could be very dangerous I if I was running it around people. I will reach out to Traxxas with my issue. Thanks for the quick replies

RC Champion
    I wonder if this is part of the reason traxxas pushed out the update for the esc which disables the on/off switch. Will be interesting what traxxas says. Hopefully they get it sorted for you. Good luck. Iím sure traxxas will take care of it. Also will be interesting to see if this is in part why traxxas released the update for esc. Makes sense since the issue is with the on/off switch. Disabling it should resolve the issue. Will have to wait and see. Keep us updated. Again good luck!!

RC poster
    So after a few trips to my local hobby store we figured out the motor in my brand new Revo 2.0 had a short inside somewhere that was causing the ESC to turn off. They initially replaced the ESC, but the problem continued. We then replaced the motor and I have ran through two charges on the batteries with no problems. Thanks for all the input guys. I will update if the issue arises again.

Good to hear your LHS was able to sort it out for you.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    Recently had this issue with my e revo 2.0 brushless and it all happen after Traxxas sent out that update. My ESC and Motor were done even though I rarely drive this car because something always breaks within the first 1 min or 2. By far the worst and most expensive 1/10 scale e revo 2.0 I've purchased. Glad to see I'm not the only one. The e revo 2.0 brushless in my opinion is a design flaw.