RC Competitor

Lightbulb Share your knowledge/experience

I recently bought a Slash 4x4 brushless and need some beginner help! I have a couple specific questions but just want some basic knowledge. Is there any part brand I should replace with? Is there any way to.make my car 2 wd? Any other knowledge is needed about anything I should know about the car! Thanks!

I'll answer your 2nd question. Technically, yes, your could convert it to 2WD...but, why would you want to. It's going to take a LOT of work, and cost more than it's worth. If you wanted a 2WD Slash, that's what you should have gotten...besides, they cost a lot less than the 4x4.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Competitor
    RPM arms and bumpers, MIP drive shafts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RC Qualifier
    It really depends what you want to do with your Slash. RPM is a great option if you want to bash, however if you want to race and be competitive RPM components have to much flex. Aluminum shock caps at the very least are a must if you get into jumping, the plastic caps will eventually start popping off. Aluminum bearing carriers front and rear are a great upgrade over the stock plastic carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    I'll answer your 2nd question. Technically, yes, your could convert it to 2WD...but, why would you want to. It's going to take a LOT of work, and cost more than it's worth. If you wanted a 2WD Slash, that's what you should have gotten...besides, they cost a lot less than the 4x4.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Not sure where you get it costs alot to make a Slash 4x4 into a Slash 2wd. Just take out the front drive shafts at the joints and done. It it way cheaper than modding a 2wd for mid motor placement which is what you get with a 4x4.
    Last edited by zedorda; 01-03-2020 at 12:20 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Not sure where you get it costs alot to make a Slash 4x4 into a Slash 2wd. Just take out the front drive shafts at the joints and done. It it way cheaper than modding a 2wd for mid motor placement which is what you get with a 4x4.
    would this put too much stress on other components

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by chopperguy View Post
    It really depends what you want to do with your Slash. RPM is a great option if you want to bash, however if you want to race and be competitive RPM components have to much flex. Aluminum shock caps at the very least are a must if you get into jumping, the plastic caps will eventually start popping off. Aluminum bearing carriers front and rear are a great upgrade over the stock plastic carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where should I get shock caps?

RC Competitor
    so I pulled apart my rear differential to look at it and it appears to need some grease. What kind of grease will work? Will car all purpose grease work?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kw3277 View Post
    Where should I get shock caps?

so I pulled apart my rear differential to look at it and it appears to need some grease. What kind of grease will work? Will car all purpose grease work?
    For shocks I recommend looking at the GTR Shocks. They are 100x better than the basic model shocks.

The pinion to ring gear on the diff can use automotive lube. Inside the diff you will need to use RC diff oils. They can be found pretty cheap on Amazon or eBay. Thinner equals more diff action and thicker will make it more like a locker. If you are trying to drift with it then go very thick like 1 million cst diff fluid. Or I use silly puddy some times also.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Will it out too much strain on my rear axle to do this?