RC poster

trxxas velineon motor

so after storing in my room for months i replaced the old esc that had a few ripped wires. but then i realized the motor and wires get hot constantly i tried calibrating my esc but it never does anything do i have to replace my motor or....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    sounds like you have a short somewhere. either connected improperly, or the motor fried when you fried your esc

Quote Originally Posted by big boye View Post
    so after storing in my room for months i replaced the old esc that had a few ripped wires. but then i realized the motor and wires get hot constantly i tried calibrating my esc but it never does anything do i have to replace my motor or....
    It's not totally clear from your post, is your car still working correctly (other than heat)? It's normal for a motor to get hot, and the wires will conduct heat from the motor and become hot also.

Maybe you just need a motor heatsink and possibly a fan?

How hot is the motor itself?

Your problem may not be the motor, but may have it geared too high. With that, we are grasping at straws here, to really understand what is going on, and recommend a logical fix we need more information...
    • Driving conditions
    • Battery
    • Gearing
    • ESC
    • Tire size
    • Motor temp
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired