Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5

    Traxxas Bigfoot (2wd Stampede) roll cage?

    Does anyone out there make a roll cage for the 2wd stampede? Ive seen a couple that seem to make them for the 4x4 stampede and other traxxas models but nothing for the 2wd. Thanks!

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by gviolette86 View Post
    Does anyone out there make a roll cage for the 2wd stampede? Ive seen a couple that seem to make them for the 4x4 stampede and other traxxas models but nothing for the 2wd. Thanks!
    I’ve never seen one, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t out there. Do you have the Bigfoot version? If your main concern is preserving the ( rather cool ) Bigfoot body, I would invest in a cheap body and keep the Bigfoot as a “spare”

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    I’ve never seen one, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t out there. Do you have the Bigfoot version? If your main concern is preserving the ( rather cool ) Bigfoot body, I would invest in a cheap body and keep the Bigfoot as a “spare”
    No, not concerned with preserving the body, rather just working on upgrading the bigfoot stampede and thought a true roll cage would look awesome.

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by gviolette86 View Post
    No, not concerned with preserving the body, rather just working on upgrading the bigfoot stampede and thought a true roll cage would look awesome.
    I think that would look super awesome. Do you have the “Bigfoot 1” retro or the modern body one ?
    Either way, I think that would be cool.
    Oh by the way I found this :
    https://www.horizonhobby.com/INTT808...hoCWlYQAvD_BwE

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    292
    This is an older version of that Integy cage on a Stampede VXL.
    I had to remove the side bits to accommodate the VXL mounting plate, rx and ESC.
    Maybe for the extra shocks too, don't remember. I made the panels from a Monster can.
    Looks like they changed the design a bit so it should work for you.


  6. #6
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by fortunespoonz View Post
    This is an older version of that Integy cage on a Stampede VXL.
    I had to remove the side bits to accommodate the VXL mounting plate, rx and ESC.
    Maybe for the extra shocks too, don't remember. I made the panels from a Monster can.
    Looks like they changed the design a bit so it should work for you.

    That does look great! Question - I have a van style body that I am getting done up for this truck, would the body fit over the rollcage? I can see where the truck body might have trouble but not sure if you have ever tried. Thanks!

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    I think that would look super awesome. Do you have the “Bigfoot 1” retro or the modern body one ?
    Either way, I think that would be cool.
    Oh by the way I found this :
    https://www.horizonhobby.com/INTT808...hoCWlYQAvD_BwE
    I have the modern one. I wonder if the body would fit over the roll cage

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by gviolette86 View Post
    I have the modern one. I wonder if the body would fit over the roll cage
    I’ve got the Bigfoot wheels on my Stampede, I have thought of picking up the modern Bigfoot body from DollarHobbyz or another chop shop. I’ve now got the stampede “Rock & Roll” body with those wheels which I’ve slightly lowered by fabbing my own mounts.

  9. #9
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    I’ve got the Bigfoot wheels on my Stampede, I have thought of picking up the modern Bigfoot body from DollarHobbyz or another chop shop. I’ve now got the stampede “Rock & Roll” body with those wheels which I’ve slightly lowered by fabbing my own mounts.
    I found this roll cage that i might check out too. Its meant for the Traxxas stampede "Grave Digger", so itll fit with the van style body on it. https://www.vgracing.com/product/Gra...Roll_Cage.html

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by gviolette86 View Post
    I found this roll cage that i might check out too. Its meant for the Traxxas stampede "Grave Digger", so itll fit with the van style body on it. https://www.vgracing.com/product/Gra...Roll_Cage.html
    That looks pretty Stout. Are you planning on putting a Grave Digger or Panel Van style body on yours? If so there are a lot of options out there ( I think Pro Line and Parma both make them)
    I can’t wait to see what eventually come up with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •