RC poster

Vintage LaTrax Corvette Stingray

Hello,

New to the Forum here. My Father recently passed away and left me this vintage Corvette. I'd love to restore it and am currently looking for parts at this point. The car has been sitting for nearly 20 years, so no idea what needs to be replaced, but I am assuming nearly everything. This car means a lot to me as I remember it from when I was about 5 years old.

At this point, just looking for resources and where to find parts (if any exist still...??) for this vintage. I tried to post photos, but it does not seem to allow a simple way to post images.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jeff

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jengstrom01 View Post
    Hello,

New to the Forum here. My Father recently passed away and left me this vintage Corvette. I'd love to restore it and am currently looking for parts at this point. The car has been sitting for nearly 20 years, so no idea what needs to be replaced, but I am assuming nearly everything. This car means a lot to me as I remember it from when I was about 5 years old.

At this point, just looking for resources and where to find parts (if any exist still...??) for this vintage. I tried to post photos, but it does not seem to allow a simple way to post images.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I got a little misty reading this. I don’t have the parts or info you are looking for, but I can empathize. I have a vintage Yokomo 4wd buggy that I used to share with my late Dad that I am trying to get around to restoring.

I'm afraid there's absolutely no spare parts for these old cars. Your best bet is to buy a used or new one on eBay, there are many listed.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    I'm afraid there's absolutely no spare parts for these old cars. Your best bet is to buy a used or new one on eBay, there are many listed.
    Especially from Ms. Donna's ebay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk..._M18R0HtcFD-k4

If you still have the body of the car, your best bet is to buy a Latrax NIB. There are marked at a fair price. If you are looking for a NIB Latrax, now is the time to grab them while you can. I got a few from the seller.