Thread: Rustler VXL

RC Racer

Rustler VXL

Looking to get a Rustler VLX, will I enjoy it? I want to go quick and just bash. It will be my first brushless model. I will be sticking with 2S

RC Qualifier
    IMHO. For someone who wants to do general all around bashing I think it’s a great choice. It is quick on 2 s and handles really well. It’s a pretty tough truck too

RC Racer
    Cool, I have a MERV, Stamp 4X4, Telluride, Slash and nitro sport, just want something different, I've never driven brushless. What tires are best, I have the same on my nitro sport and on open ground, they wore out fast.
    Last edited by stampedejim; 01-07-2020 at 04:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stampedejim View Post
    Cool, I have a MERV, Stamp 4X4, Telluride, Slash and nitro sport, just want something different, I've never driven brushless. What tires are best, I have the same on my nitro sport and on open ground, they wore out fast.
    I have a Mini Merv(brushless), Slash2wd (brushless) Nitro TMaxx , and a brushed stampede and a Senton project .
    I had a Rustler VXL which I got traded for a slash 4x4 and that got traded for the T Maxx.
    I can say the Rustler was one of the favorite cars I have owned .

I want to go quick and just bash. It will be my first brushless model.
    I have a MERV, Stamp 4X4, Telluride, Slash and nitro sport, just want something different
    The Rustler VXL is a fun truck for sure, but I'm not sure that you're going to have the best experience making your first brushless vehicle a 2wd vehicle. 2wd vehicles are simply harder to control. With power only going to the rear tires, you are more likely to simply spin out if you hit the throttle too hard. A 4x4 on the other hand, with power to all 4 tires, is more likely to simply go in whatever direction the vehicle is pointed when you hit the throttle hard. That is a perfect match for brushless power.

You said that you already have a Stampede 4x4. Maybe you should consider sticking a nice brushless system in there instead. Or if you really want to go the stadium truck route, maybe hold out for a Rustler 4x4 VXL.

RC Racer
    I've been running 2WD models since the mid 70's, I have a smooth throttle sense. My slash 2WD doesn't spin out unless I go hard on the trigger. So, yeah high powered 2WD won't be a problem.