RC poster

Additions to Rustler

Rustler 2wd spoiler and roof skid plate, needs paint but pretty cool addition, added some mud tires for the snow

Looks good my friend.
    Ha, I didn't even know of the roof plates. I need a set of those myself...lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Modded Traxxas Rustler VXL
    CC Sidewinder3;

RC poster
    Thanks, there for the vxl 4x4 really cheap to buy not the strongest material coming from traxxas but saves the roof big time with a high speed roll over lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that is a problem with me. Some times I turn the wheel and its like it digs in and flips. Of course it could be the speed of travel...lol but she will flip. I had some front tires on and I would swear it was worse.(jus trying on a truck body but need extra post...)

CC Sidewinder3;

RC poster
    I like the low front end I have my shocks straight up and down for maximum travel but I launch this thing as far as I can when I can catch the traction (flaws of 2wd) but for full speed road and hard dirt I run the slash wheels guess there like bf Goodrich A/T donít get that catching edge when you turn fast, that being said I drove them pretty well bald in a matter of 2 months on pavement

Ha, I think I have an old set of those in blue...lol Yeah, it sure will catch and tumble and tumble...lol
    Kept the stock front on for the longest.
    Yeah, mine wheelies quick too but I must say I like riding wheelies sometimes tho...lol

CC Sidewinder3;

RC poster
    Try em out they hold the track pretty good lol are you running brushless motor or ? I guess because I have shocks so high to take impact itís not absorbing the road, no wheelies for this guy itís more from a start the rustler tears tread off tires dry wet anywhere just cooks tread lol

Is this your only rc? Just started a forum called Rock Crawler Rc if your into that stuff too, posting few picks of my other stuff lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman11 View Post
    Yeah, that is a problem with me. Some times I turn the wheel and its like it digs in and flips. Of course it could be the speed of travel...lol but she will flip. I had some front tires on and I would swear it was worse.(jus trying on a truck body but need extra post...)

You can buy the adapter to go to two rear posts. Think itís for the slash

I will sure have to.. Yeah, I have a castle brushless, spektrum control.
    Well, I have 2 rustlers, I tried getting the misses into it with me but never happened. The dogs get more out of it vs the misses...lol they chase my car of course.
    I have thought of the rock crawler rc but haven't bought one yet...lol I figured I would need to master the rusty 1st..lol

CC Sidewinder3;

RC poster

Additions to Rustler

yea same tried same path but she got into drones so not a total loss lol after driving a rusty for a year the crawlers feel slow

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    You can buy the adapter to go to two rear posts. Think itís for the slash

Awesome. I think I have the correct posts saved in my cart. Id need to double check the numbers tho

CC Sidewinder3;

Quote Originally Posted by kevinjlcropper View Post
    yea same tried same path but she got into drones so not a total loss lol after driving a rusty for a year the crawlers feel slow

Lol... classic...
    Well, I wanted drones when I got into the rusty but all the drones I was seeing only have like a 8-10min run time. I was like pfft, itll take me 10min to get off the ground...lol
    Oh, I bet they do feel slow; I had actually thought of that too, afraid they would be very slow...

CC Sidewinder3;

RC poster
    Lol yea my ecx barrage 1.9 goes maybe 20 kmh but quite unstoppable, and as for the drones she gets maybe 45 mins on lipo, enough to just get the feel than drops out of the sky

Yeah, one would probably be nice in my yard. I have rocks, tree limbs, bordering the Pisgah Nat. Forest. Of course I wouldn't even know where to begin on that...lol
    A few good spots where the rusty catches air if hit correct...lol

CC Sidewinder3;

RC Qualifier

Is that the Summitlink body off amazon? I have the Short course Beetle that they make on my slash. Good bodies for the price (as long as you donít mind pre painted )

Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    Is that the Summitlink body off amazon? I have the Short course Beetle that they make on my slash. Good bodies for the price (as long as you donít mind pre painted )
    I believe that's the one. Yeah, happened to see it one day with an awesome price. I need to order some body mounts for the rear. Oh, prepainted works great for me if it seems to look good..lol, never tried to paint a body I still have a clear body in the package...lol

CC Sidewinder3;

RC Racer

Rustler 2wd spoiler and roof skid plate, needs paint but pretty cool addition, added some mud tires for the snow
    I really like the Talon EXT tires. They have pretty good grip on most surfaces. Iím using my worn out set on my newest 2wd rustler, they work well so far.

RC poster
    Yea the stocks arenít the worst I went slash wheels after stock a lot skinnier but just ran great all around. That being said I got into the scale rock crawling a few weeks after purchasing the talons thinking the 2wd rusty was gonna suck in winter and start a new build havenít tried them in snow yet

RC Racer
    Yea the stocks arenít the worst I went slash wheels after stock a lot skinnier but just ran great all around. That being said I got into the scale rock crawling a few weeks after purchasing the talons thinking the 2wd rusty was gonna suck in winter and start a new build havenít tried them in snow yet

The Talon EXTs look like they would do decent in snow, they have quit a bit of bite on damp/slightly muddy areas, at least for me they did. Not everyone has the same experience with rc tires lol I do need to find me some new tires though, most people will say go proline but Iím a bit of a cheapo, I donít want to spend 80+ for a complete set of tires. Iím still undecided though

RC poster
    Those duratrax c2ís that Batman11 is running earlier in the forum are a good bang for your buck for sure, I went to my local hobby shop to get the talons wasnít expecting to walk out with 80+ dollars for rims and tires thatís for sure lol I started using horizonhobby.com they have lots and lots of selection for good prices

RC Racer
    Those duratrax c2ís that Batman11 is running earlier in the forum are a good bang for your buck for sure, I went to my local hobby shop to get the talons wasnít expecting to walk out with 80+ dollars for rims and tires thatís for sure lol I started using horizonhobby.com they have lots and lots of selection for good prices

I actually found 2 new style tires from Duratrax on eBay, of course styles after proline ones. I bought a set of Duratrax Fazer ST 2.8 for my Rustler, and they look great. The other ones I was trying to decide on are Duratrax Stakker 2.8 ST. Both look great and I may end up grabbing a set of the Stakkers to see how they are. The Fazers should be here Thursday and if the weather the rest of the week holds up, Iíll let you know how they are!

RC poster

Additions to Rustler

Iíve got the proline mounts on my rusty and it made life great. Can run pretty much any body I want.

[IMG][/IMG]

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words and banned websites or brands to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out. -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-19-2020 at 10:47 AM.