RC Enthusiast

Velineon 3500kv motor

I have a burned out Velineon motor, and i'm not sure if i
    should buy another one, or can i just put a new rotor in there?

Also, if i am able to fix it just by replacing the rotor, where can i get one because i've searched everywhere and i can't find a rotor for the Velineon 3500kv motor?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just get a different motor, there are many more cost effective options out there. I would also find the root cause for the motor burning up. If you donít have one, get a temp gun, check all moving parts are moving freely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I honestly don't feel like changing to a different system. I like and feel comfortable with the VXL system

but if there is a cheaper system thats just as powerful as the VXL then i'll probably switch

RC Qualifier
    just get the newer 4 pole version , if you had the older 2 pole

RC Qualifier
    or castle 3800kv or tenshock 3400kv

RC Racer
    You’re not changing systems. Just motors. I’ve got a Rocket 4 pole 3900kv from Banggood that is totally bonkers for power. I think it cost $29USD.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RPMMaster 317 View Post
    I honestly don't feel like changing to a different system. I like and feel comfortable with the VXL system

but if there is a cheaper system thats just as powerful as the VXL then i'll probably switch
    Yes, you can plug and play any compatible motor and keep your VXL ESC.
    My 2wd Slash has an older VXL3 esc that was coupled with the older 2pole Velineon.When the motor gave up I found a new Tacon motor for less than I could replace the armature in the old motor. I still have the simple, user friendly, reliable Traxxas Esc with a slightly faster, cheaper motor.

RC Qualifier
    The vxl system is good. I've got a cc sidewinder 3 in mine and love it over the vxl system. If I remember right the sidewinder 3 is discontinued. So you could get a sidewinder 4 system with a 3800kv. Or go mamba x and a 3800kv.

Velineon uses 3.5mm connectors if you pair the esc with another motor that is not a Traxxas it will likely use 4mm connectors.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you for all of your motor suggestions, they helped me change the way I thought about this motor situation, I am most likely to go with monkeyracing’s motor since it’s the most powerful but I’m also worried because just like zedorda said the new motor connectors might be different and probably won’t fit the Vxl esc connectors. If you guys have any way to fix this problem please tell me.

And yes I did have the 4-pole version

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Velineon uses 3.5mm connectors if you pair the esc with another motor that is not a Traxxas it will likely use 4mm connectors.
    Good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RPMMaster 317 View Post
    Thank you for all of your motor suggestions, they helped me change the way I thought about this motor situation, I am most likely to go with monkeyracingís motor since itís the most powerful but Iím also worried because just like zedorda said the new motor connectors might be different and probably wonít fit the Vxl esc connectors. If you guys have any way to fix this problem please tell me.

And yes I did have the 4-pole version
    What a fun hobby/adventure. I like all the different "disciplines" with this hobby: construction, aesthetics, electronics, engineering, tuning, the screw/nut/bolt-work, painting, stickers, etc...and I think you should learn how to solder. Push yourself to learn how to solder well (forgive me if you already do,) by using youtube and/or your local hobby shop. Soldering on some different connectors is very commonplace and a nice skill to learn, don't let the connectors disuade you from picking a certain electronic item. This hobby is awesome, and soldering the motor leads and the esc/battery connectors is a big part of that. 2centsworth.
    MTFBWY

RC poster
    Nothing like a Hot soldering gun when your talking RC