Thread: New tire advice

RC poster

New tire advice

Looking to buy some new tires for the e revo that I picked up used from the hobby shop. Was thinking about either going with the talon ext tires off the e revo 2.0, the proline trenchers 3.8, or the proline badlands 3.8? I read that the trenchers grip so well that they started breaking parts on some guys e revo. Do not want to break parts prematurely but want some better traction. Also read that the belted are supposed to better but I think the added weight might not be worth it. Figured I would ask others to see if they had any advice. Thank you.

RC Competitor
    My e revo is only good for two things, a gun target or a oversized door stop, mine will not handle a bump without breaking��

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendarose View Post
    My e revo is only good for two things, a gun target or a oversized door stop, mine will not handle a bump without breaking��

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jj20_09 View Post
    Looking to buy some new tires for the e revo that I picked up used from the hobby shop. Was thinking about either going with the talon ext tires off the e revo 2.0, the proline trenchers 3.8, or the proline badlands 3.8? I read that the trenchers grip so well that they started breaking parts on some guys e revo. Do not want to break parts prematurely but want some better traction. Also read that the belted are supposed to better but I think the added weight might not be worth it. Figured I would ask others to see if they had any advice. Thank you.
    If you have the cash get the prolines. If you just want to have some better tires but not break the bank, the Talon EXTs are nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep buying the older taller 3.8 trenchers for mine.

Is yours the 2.0 revo or 1.0? If it's 1.0, do you intend on running 4S in it or 6S?

On 4S, my 1.0 held up ok'ish with them. Required rear shock limiters and a close eye on the pushrod/shockrod ends, but I think that's par for the course with a revo. I never ran 6S in it, but would assume the added grip would be harsh on the axles. Once a season I had to replace my outer sliders due to the yokes stretching/wearing out.

I've since converted it to a 2.0 (bought a roller, moved stuff I could over) and I still run the trenchers. They are actually lighter than the Talon EXT's, at least the taller 3.8 trenchers are. I do wrap them with kevlar cord to keep them from ballooning and ripping off the rims. I have them on all 3 of my 6S trucks (ERBEv2, Outcast 6S, Savage Flux HP) and I really like them. Good grip in the grass, snow when cold, long life due to the larger contact area and with the taller tread/sidewalls, adds cushion to the landings.

I also run the 2.8 trenchers on my stampede 4x4 vxl and brushless converted eJato.

I run lighter tires on my nitro's.
    Expert rigging at it's best!