RC poster

Can I retain TSM with a different remote?

I would like to switch my slash over to my spectrum 6ch airplane radio. I just donít want to loose the traction control system in the process because it is completely necessary for the surfaces I use.

Traxxas TSM is part of the receiver.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe stacolli View Post
    I would like to switch my slash over to my spectrum 6ch airplane radio. I just donít want to loose the traction control system in the process because it is completely necessary for the surfaces I use.
    Thrre are other companies offer their own version of TSM. You could sell your TSM system to offset the cost of a AVC system for your Spectrum radio if it is compatable with your transmitter. Their website should show compatable transmitters.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I wouldn’t have to if the radio had a throttle trim dial so silly not having one

Set the multi function knob to be throttle trim instead of tsm adjustment

Throttle trim should not be for the idle. That is what the idle screw (and LSN) are for.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Moe stacolli View Post
    I wouldnít have to if the radio had a throttle trim dial so silly not having one
    Read the manual. It tells you the different things you can do. Like Justin said "change the TSM knob to throttle trim." You can have TSM and a throttle trim knob.
    It's more silly to complain about something then ask questions.

RC poster
    Awesome I will do that and I probably still will eventually switch it over to my preferred radio. I found the receiver I need.. And just for clarification I use the throttle trim dial during warm up and it gives me time to get the body on as I’ve already switched over to a pull start.. I am from the mid west and it’s winter. I still like to go out and run a tank or two. I preheat my engines before each use and it is rare to have to pull on them more than a few times.

RC poster
    And I’m not complained simply asking and slightly confused if anything I think of my 7 nitros this slash is my favorite by a lot. Very high praise... I haven’t been in the hobby for nearly 15 years and all of this stability management and telemetry is new to me.

The TSM and telemetry is new to me also. I finally purchased the bluetooth adapter for my transmitter to use the TRAXXAS LINK app. Much easier for adjustments on the fly when needed. It does everything I need without needing to purchase different radio equipment.

RC poster
    I could not believe how well it worked. I couldn’t get this 2wd slash to move a foot without spinning out or flipping because one tire would balloon and flip. I turned the tsm all the way up and I was out running my dogs with ease I could run it flat out across a sheet of ice wet muddy grass no problem! and it stopped it from ballooning the rear tire and flipping as well... and if I didn’t already have other radios I would have got the BT adaptor

RC poster
    How do I switch the multi function switch over to throttle trim? I looked all through the directions and I couldn’t find specific instructions. If it’s easy to explain please do..

Heres a manual to help: traxxas.com6507R-6509R-TQi_TSM-Owners

Page 10 gives details about switching knob to throttle trim, then follow menu tree to change function (around page16/17). It's easier for me to show you.

RC poster
    Right on! Thanks

RC poster
    Yes you can switch just read the description