Thread: 1/10th motor?

RC Enthusiast

1/10th motor?

Iíve been thinking about buying a used 1/16 Revo or slash and then putting a full 1/10th scale motor and esc on it. Any input? Iíve never had one so Iím not sure what kind of space there is, what potential for other driveline upgrades there are, etc. Just think it would be a really cool road or clay/hard dirt basher.

The brushed Merv comes with the 550 Titan motor which is 1/10 scale. You can drop in a 1/10th brushless. I forget what one it is when you do the Traxxas power up. Wanna say it's like a 3600kv
    Look up "big block conversions"

Problem gets to be center of gravity gets to be pretty hi, so it likes to roll cornering.
    You will also start going through parts alot faster as well.

May have to upgrade esc on it as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Is the 550 the same motor that they use on the brushed 1/10 cars? If so the merv and mini slash must be pretty fast huh. Unless the limitation is battery space? If not, wouldn’t the brushless versions be even faster than a brushless 1/10 scale car? I like the idea of something like a speed run slash, but 1/16 scale.

Edit: added last sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Bear2216 View Post
    Iíve been thinking about buying a used 1/16 Revo or slash and then putting a full 1/10th scale motor and esc on it. Any input? Iíve never had one so Iím not sure what kind of space there is, what potential for other driveline upgrades there are, etc. Just think it would be a really cool road or clay/hard dirt basher.
    I kno a lot of people like dropping in castle systems in with a SV3 and a 1414 3800kv motor. I think thatís right. If not someone will correct me lol

Right now in my mini e revo, I have a no name brand brushless system in it and itís more than enough for it. The motor is a 2838 4500kv motor with a 35amp esc. It works pretty good for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I have a done a few big block mervs. Mine has the mamba max pro with 4600kv. System is way overpowered but tons of fun.

RC Competitor
    I'm running the VXL-3S system in Plum Crazy, my 1/16 (?) Rally. It's ABSOLUTELY bonkers, and has NO traction. It's the single silliest car I've ever driven. 10/10 would do again.
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

RC Competitor
    I had a 1/16 Slash with a brushed 550. Was fairly exciting for brushed, but the traction rollovers from the high CG got old pretty fast. Sold it last night.

My setup was cheap and goes only alittle faster than brushed setup but has much better acceleration with longer run times. I like the big block setup for the options.