Thread: 4wd to 2wd

RC Competitor

4wd to 2wd

If I disconnect the front driveshaft on my 4x4 will it break things?

RC Qualifier
    No it won't break anything. Take out your front drive shafts and the Center drive shaft and take it for a spin to see how you like it

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Just keep an eye on your motor Temps as this will push your motor a little harder. If your motor gets too hot, gear down a couple of teeth on the pinion

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Also, in switching from 4WD to 2WD, you might want to consider "lightening up" your front end, by removing the front diff & bearings from the front diff housing. You could try it with, and workout, the front diff in place, to see how differently (no pun intended) it handles. Just remember to reinstall the diff housing, or you'll quickly discover your front shock tower has nothing to attach to.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the info

The front wheels will work if you disconnect the axle from the rest of the CV axle. You don't have to remove the tire to do it. Just separate the axle at the joint and remove the rest of the CV axles with the differential.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    eh, running it in 2wd is going to make it handle like crap..... if you want a 2wd slash, get a 2wd slash.... I have a 2wd slash, and a 4wd slash, and have run the 4wd as a 2wd and it sucked.