RC poster

Traxxas tmaxx 3.3 truck controller

I just bought a used traxxas tmaxx truck, it didnt come with original remote, but the guy gave me a brand new in box spektrum dx2e controller still in box with 3 channel receiver. I started looking at the reciever and the original plugs from the servos on truck wont fit into the ports on the spektrum reciever. The plug pattern isnt the same. What controller can i use for this truck with the original reciever thats in the truck? Im not all to familiar with these trucks and parts, but i got it for $40 and minus it missing original ckntroller its in pretty good shape.

RC Qualifier
    Look at the number on the receiver and match it up. If it's a TQ/TQi this should help: Traxxas-TQi-Compatibility-Guide

You may have to trim the tab off the side of the plug.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Or if you want to install your spektrum radio, here's an install video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRkR2nkU5pM
    Around the 3:00min mark it shows trimming of the tab Double G is talking about.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Look at the number on the receiver and match it up. If it's a TQ/TQi this should help: Traxxas-TQi-Compatibility-Guide
    Reciever model # is 2218x. Think ill try clipping the end of plugs first and trying the spectrum controller and reciever before putting out for a tqi controller

RC poster
    So i got the reciever put it in and everythings working, now just waiting on the ez start remote and nitro fuel to come in the mail.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryaneg8 View Post
    So i got the reciever put it in and everythings working, now just waiting on the ez start remote and nitro fuel to come in the mail.
    Nothing beats "Hurry up and wait" LOL