RC Racer

My first impressions

Bought myself a X Maxx for Christmas. I had an original one when the 6s models came out and had a lot of issues and breakage with it. Sold it a long time ago and have missed having one since. I have ran the new one now about 15 times since Christmas with only one issue and it was minor. The esc wire that goes to the receiver had come loose. Man, I love this thing! I did do a few mods before my first run though.

Instaled RPM oversize rear bearing carrier and bearings
    Rpm body savers
    Cen pins on all four bottom A arms
    40 wt shock oil in the front and 50 in the rear
    Cranked the stock springs down about a 1/3 of the way
    Soaked the A arms and wheelie bar in WD 40 to get some more flexibility, I was surprised how well this worked!

Any who, here is a short clip of some of my runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JNGuEHEJE

Quote Originally Posted by tankinfrank View Post
    Bought myself a X Maxx for Christmas. I had an original one when the 6s models came out and had a lot of issues and breakage with it. Sold it a long time ago and have missed having one since. I have ran the new one now about 15 times since Christmas with only one issue and it was minor. The esc wire that goes to the receiver had come loose. Man, I love this thing! I did do a few mods before my first run though.

Rpm body savers
    Soaked the A arms and wheelie bar in WD 40 to get some more flexibility, I was surprised how well this worked!

Super cool video! It's one of the few I watched from start to end with great interest because of the camera angles, they were perfect! Its cool to see what happens to rc in slow motion! I've had both 6 & 8s versions too, my current is 8s Snap On edition which I've been beating up on nicely lol. Shoulda got a basher body and preserved mine but oh well now lol. Enjoy these are so much fun and can take some abuse! Wish I had the dirt track here that looks really fun.

Just one more rc, then I'm done.
    Last edited by Briber; 01-15-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Racer
    Thanks for the positive feedback Briber.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tankinfrank View Post

Rpm body savers

As Briber said, great video. I just recorded a video as well and it's total *%& compared to yours. Will need to work on my methods I suppose.

RC Racer
    I most of my filming with gopro cameras. The gopro 7 and 8 have really nice image stabilization. I just recently bought a hand held gimble (they have come way down in price), the DJI osmo 3 for use with my Samsung 8S phone. The gimble makes night and day difference when recording video with a cell phone. I use Sony Vegas for editing. I just enjoy the RC hobby immensely and the picture/video element just makes even more fun!

RC Qualifier
    Nice video. Some of the best jump footage I have seen actually. I'm impressed.

RC Qualifier
    I gorilla tape the inside of my body. Got the RPM body savers and make and outer roll bar using interior body brace.
    Love this my XMAXX!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    I gorilla tape the inside of my body. Got the RPM body savers and make and outer roll bar using interior body brace.
    Love this my XMAXX!

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...275BBEEB4.jpeg
    Last edited by REVO-KN-EVIL; 02-05-2020 at 12:12 AM.