Thread: XL-5 ESC Issues

RC poster

XL-5 ESC Issues

My bronco is only a year old and hardly used. It has never been in the water. For some reason I am having issues with the ESC. It no longer displays the green light and will not turn off unless the battery is disconnected. Everything works except the throttle. Receiver lights up when battery connects. When I reset the ESC, I get a solid red light and the throttle works. The red light stays on and the ESC still only shuts off when battery is removed. Reconnecting the battery starts the process over. 2-cell lipo new and fully charged.

Appreciate any insight.

Use some 99 percent iso alcohol and clean the button its prob stuck.
    Crud gets in there and makes the button stick.I pulled mine apart cleaned it.issue dissapeared

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    Thanks! I tried this and it didn't change anything. I've swapped between battery types and the low voltage indicator does not light for either. I have to keep resetting the ESC every time the battery is disconnected. I think its fried

RC Racer
    Not the same vehicle but the same symtoms happened to my X Maxx the other day. The culprit was a loose connection where the ESC cable plugs into the receiver.

RC Champion
    Have you tried turning on the esc release button and then press button again for 10 sec. Also check your throttle trim and make sure itís at zero. If nothing else call traxxas support and ask them if anyone else has had this happen and see if they can help you. Good luck on getting it resolved.

RC Competitor
    Just save the headache and get a HW1080. 41 bucks and nice