RC Racer

Good springs/shocks/oil for a heavy rig

My TRX6 has become a pretty heavy rig, with a heavy bed, steel roof rack, and a plethora of accessories. The back really sags down, and the tires rub the body.
    What would be my best option to counter this? Should I get new shocks, oil, or springs. I tried to make the stock springs harder by screwing down the spring limiter, but it has very little effect and the truck doesn't articulate as much. What would be my best option for fixing this, and for the guys with heavy rigs, what did you do?

Thanks!
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Racer
    I'm looking at springs, and I think that's the way I want to go, I'm debating what rate to get. I am currently thinking of getting the slight harder 0.45 used in the front shocks (the rear shocks are 0.3), my logic is that because there are 4 rear shocks, I shouldn't need to get anything harder because the slightly harder shocks will even itself out (the back weighs more than the front). My truck however, does seem to lean more to one side, so I don't know if I should go 1 step harder on only the rear shocks, or go 1 step harder on all 6 of my shocks. It could be the spring limiter thing, but they all seem even to the one parallel to it.

Edit: the next spring up from 0.30 is 0.39, but I don't think that's hard enough. If you request a weight, I can weigh my truck.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    I'm looking at springs, and I think that's the way I want to go, I'm debating what rate to get. I am currently thinking of getting the slight harder 0.45 used in the front shocks (the rear shocks are 0.3), my logic is that because there are 4 rear shocks, I shouldn't need to get anything harder because the slightly harder shocks will even itself out (the back weighs more than the front). My truck however, does seem to lean more to one side, so I don't know if I should go 1 step harder on only the rear shocks, or go 1 step harder on all 6 of my shocks. It could be the spring limiter thing, but they all seem even to the one parallel to it.

Edit: the next spring up from 0.30 is 0.39, but I don't think that's hard enough. If you request a weight, I can weigh my truck.

I would agree with you and go one step up with the stronger springs, not that expensive for a trial.

RC Qualifier
    You could thicken up that shock oils little. Easy to empt my and fill those bad boys. But wait until after you try the springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualungs View Post
    You could thicken up that shock oils little. Easy to empt my and fill those bad boys. But wait until after you try the springs

Yeah, but I'm not sure about which springs to get. Should I just only replace the rear 4 with 0.45?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    Yeah, but I'm not sure about which springs to get. Should I just only replace the rear 4 with 0.45?
    Get all 4 and try the different combinations. See which you like best. And take some pics!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualungs View Post
    Get all 4 and try the different combinations. See which you like best. And take some pics!

getting 4 different combos would cost me 72 dollars, not looking to spend a lot of money:/

I'ts also going to be a hassle putting those springs on and off. I'll just probably get 0.45s or something a bit harder for the rear springs.