RC Competitor

Maxx or rustler 4x4 vxl?

What should i get for A super large back yard and pasture with a little creek and woods? Im thinking rustler because cost is a factor...but the maxx is supposedly stronger, faster, and a baby x maxx...

Rustler for handling and Maxx for stunts. I think the Maxx is sturdier but it definitely doesn't handle well. Why should it though, it's a fun monster truck.

I'm going to break with my usual Rustler or Maxx recommendation here because of the room you have, I might also suggest the E-Revo or X-Maxx. Since you said budget was factor, you are right to narrow it to the two you are considering.

Edit: Considering the variety of surfaces you have, I think I'd go with the Maxx.
    Last edited by USMC1984; 01-15-2020 at 01:07 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Xmaxx for a large back yard
    Maxx purchase over a rustler
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    maxx really is a game changer it does not handle great out of the box but it wasn't supposed to its a monster truck but it can be moded to handle super well. what the maxx is great for is a lot of power in a small package and it will take dam near anything you throw its way. mines still stock besides diff oil and shock oil right now and I cant brake it and I'm not easy on it. sometimes I wonder how everyone is breaking axles and I am not breaking anything jumping it 20 plus feet high at full speed. only issue ive had so far is my rims are all cracked but its still running stock tires until they wont turn.

RC Competitor
    Ok, thanks for the replies

If you are willing to spend more money up-front and want a very durable vehicle that you probably won't have to mod or upgrade much, go with the Maxx. The Rustler 4x4 is cheaper, and also shares most parts with the Slash 4x4 and Stampede 4x4, so there is a huge market of aftermarket parts. If you are looking to do a lot of upgrading and tweaking, the Rustler 4x4 will give you more options at least for now.

Are you going to be running it frequently with other people? What vehicles do they have?

Battery life is something else to consider. The Maxx used twice the batteries than the Rustler for half the run time.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired