Thread: Newbie owner

RC Enthusiast

Newbie owner

I've been lurking in the forums for a while now, I guess it's time to introduce myself. I recently picked up a Rustler 4x4 VXL for Christmas. I've got a 3s battery in it. This thing is a blast! Growing up, I've had several of the small slow RCs, but not a full size. I've updated the axles (I broke one jumping, snapped at the inner u joint) with aluminum ones, and as a preventative maintenance issue I replaced the shocks with a set of prolines. I added a T Bone Racing front bumper and exoskeleton, and a Dusty Motors chassis cover. Unless I break anything, I think I'm done with the upgrades, just going to enjoy the truck now!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GTSDart340; 01-15-2020 at 03:47 PM.

You may find that the chassis cover causes your motor to overheat. Unless you live where it's very cold, they're not usually recommended, as they "trap" heat.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    You may find that the chassis cover causes your motor to overheat. Unless you live where it's very cold, they're not usually recommended, as they "trap" heat.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    I live in Phoenix, AZ, so heat is always a problem lol. I have an esc fan installed, and I'll get a motor fan eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSDart340 View Post
    I live in Phoenix, AZ, so heat is always a problem lol. I have an esc fan installed, and I'll get a motor fan eventually.

Good luck. Hopefully, you'll get that motor fan before you kill the motor.

~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better