RC poster

Need a recommendation for my Teton.

I'm completely new to the hobby and picked up a teton for my son, he really has no interest in it so basically it's mine now. Can anyone recommend a brushless motor that would give it a tad bit more speed without having to change out stock parts? Or if its not possible, maybe give me a list of what i need to get so i can make this thing a mini monster? Definitely appreciate all the help i can get.

Eric.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGidkWTHimDOIN View Post
    I'm completely new to the hobby and picked up a teton for my son, he really has no interest in it so basically it's mine now. Can anyone recommend a brushless motor that would give it a tad bit more speed without having to change out stock parts? Or if its not possible, maybe give me a list of what i need to get so i can make this thing a mini monster? Definitely appreciate all the help i can get.

Eric.
    Tetons don’t hold up well with brushless systems unless you spend some additional funds. Dependability will be iffy.
    Last edited by Fboylstein; 01-18-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    Fred Boylstein
    79 Goldwing
    VMAX

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fboylstein View Post
    Tetons don’t hold up well with brushless systems unless you spend some additional funds. Dependability will be iffy.
    Really? What would i need to change? I mean if its going to cost a fortune i may as well just go buy the slash.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGidkWTHimDOIN View Post
    Really? What would i need to change? I mean if its going to cost a fortune i may as well just go buy the slash.
    Sorry about delay. I rebuilt mine and replaced everything. I also replaced the stock diffs with GPM Aluminum
    Ball differentials, steel drive shafts, upgraded servo, etc one thing that keeps breaking is the front bulk head. Probably from all the hardware. Thatís ok it was a fun build and drives great. I even utilized the carbon fiber conversion kit. I also have an Xmaxx, 2 stampedes, TRX4, another Teton and a few others😆
    Fred Boylstein
    79 Goldwing
    VMAX

RC poster
    You can run a lipo from traxxas, its a tight fit but will sit in battery tray and stay there without any hold down. I burned up my first stock motor, replaced it for $10 then spent $12 bucks on a fan and heatsink and been a year already on same motor and everything else on the car stock without any problems so far. Traxxas battery part #2820x. The fan is the same fan for the 1/16 e-revo.