Thread: slash shocks

RC poster

slash shocks

Hey Everyone,
    I'm new to the RC world and purchased a very lightly used Slash Ultimate. The previous owner had converted it to a street car with a corvette body. I'm attempting to convert this back to a slash off-road truck. He has replaced the shock with Traxxas GTR 5460A for the e-revo, jato, etc. The questions is will i need to replace the shocks altogether or can i order new longer shock shafts to make them work? If i can what would be the correct part number for the shock shaft.

I'm also looking for some suggestions on wheels and tires (pre-glued) with 17mm hubs that are the same or near the same over all diameter as the stock wheels.

Thanks for your help.

RC Qualifier
    I would say the shock bodies would be shorter too so I think all new shocks are in order. I have both at home so if no one else knows I can check mine later.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

The Revo/Summit/Slayer shock bodies are all the same size - front and back. The Slash GTRs are taller - especially the XX-long in the rear. The problem with replacing just the shafts is that they would be too long and cause damage to the bladder, cap or bend the shafts themselves when fully compressed - unless you put some nitro fuel tubing on the bottom of the shaft to limit the compressed travel. If it's one thing I've learned is do it right the first time.

Tires similar to stock would be many designed for buggies.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    The Slayer shock bodies are roughly 3/10 shorter than rear Slash shocks. Front slash shocks are slightly shorter than Slayer shocks. I'm not sure if the shock rods are a different diameter between the two and you'd probably end up buying Slash GTR springs (Revo/Slayer springs are very stiff) for what seems like a lot of trouble and expense for something that probably wouldn't work very well.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk