RC poster

Xmaxx or maxx ...... which one ??

Hi there, right, so its time to buy a basher.
    Narrowed it down to one of these two.
    Ruling out scale , which should i buy.... is the extra cost of the xmaxx worth it ?
    I have plenty of zones to use big a small scale trucks so thats not a problem.
    Im just a bit stumped which one to get.
    Point me in the right direction chaps.
    Thanks, Rich.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_mk1 View Post
    Hi there, right, so its time to buy a basher.
    Narrowed it down to one of these two.
    Ruling out scale , which should i buy.... is the extra cost of the xmaxx worth it ?
    I have plenty of zones to use big a small scale trucks so thats not a problem.
    Im just a bit stumped which one to get.
    Point me in the right direction chaps.
    Thanks, Rich.
    Can't illuminate as far as the Maxx, but I have an 8s X-Maxx and I love it. The shear power offers many possibilities. I pull my kids around on a sled in the winter (about 50lbs) and also installed a plow and plow the driveway, and this without any upgrades except a smaller pinion gear.
    Good luck

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Go look at both.

RC Qualifier
    Maxx to start = + upgrades
    duel charger
    sets of lipo batteries , 5 in 1 lipo checker / balancer

either sure worthy
    fabricator

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by B-stinga View Post
    Can't illuminate as far as the Maxx, but I have an 8s X-Maxx and I love it. The shear power offers many possibilities. I pull my kids around on a sled in the winter (about 50lbs) and also installed a plow and plow the driveway, and this without any upgrades except a smaller pinion gear.
    Good luck

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Yeah sure is of a weapon. Just pricey.... but i guess once driving it that doesnt matter ...
    Last edited by Double G; 01-20-2020 at 11:22 AM. Reason: language - watch it!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyXMAXX View Post
    Maxx to start = + upgrades
    duel charger
    sets of lipo batteries , 5 in 1 lipo checker / balancer

either sure worthy
    Yeah maxx is like half the price. And still looks like a great machine.

RC poster
    I would get the X Maxx if you get the Maxx you will always want the X Maxx, plus you will save money by not buying 2.

RC Enthusiast
    X-maxx in a land side is my pick. I have both and enjoy my maxx, but the x-maxx is the most fun when it comes to bashing.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TC450 View Post
    X-maxx in a land side is my pick. I have both and enjoy my maxx, but the x-maxx is the most fun when it comes to bashing.
    Beacuse of the sheer size ?

RC Champion
    If as you said price not being an issue or a place to run either one, it comes down to preference. Most will tell you go with the X-Maxx, not smaller Max. I would have to agree, and I donít own either. The X-Maxx is just a beast of a truck and looks like loads of fun to drive. From what Iíve seen with the smaller Maxx is, you better be a good driver and also have some good throttle control. Unless you plan on spending another $150-200 making the Maxx more stable and easier to control, I would again go with the X-Maxx. And donít get me wrong I would love to own both, but if I had only one choice and there were no other things to worry about, like space to run it and the cost initially. Itís definitely something to think about a itís not just a couple dollars!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    If as you said price not being an issue or a place to run either one, it comes down to preference. Most will tell you go with the X-Maxx, not smaller Max. I would have to agree, and I donít own either. The X-Maxx is just a beast of a truck and looks like loads of fun to drive. From what Iíve seen with the smaller Maxx is, you better be a good driver and also have some good throttle control. Unless you plan on spending another $150-200 making the Maxx more stable and easier to control, I would again go with the X-Maxx. And donít get me wrong I would love to own both, but if I had only one choice and there were no other things to worry about, like space to run it and the cost initially. Itís definitely something to think about a itís not just a couple dollars!
    Yeah, over here in the uk the maxx isnt far off half the cost of the xmaxx. So a big outlay for either one really.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I say owning an X-Maxx is awesome. You do need tons more space than with a 1/10 scale truck. Also transport can be an issue. My X-Maxx barely fits in my trunk. Not only is the X-maxx more expensive initially, it takes 2 batteries and upgrades are much more expensive. All that being said, X-Maxx all the way, donít regret it for a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Xmaxx ordered
    Luckily i live in a sweet area with plenty of big bashing zones and ive got a jacked toyota hilux to transport it.
    Cant wait. Should be here in a few days.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_mk1 View Post
    Beacuse of the sheer size ?
    I saw you order. But yes size is key for me. I find it easy to work on, does not roll a ton, and you can drive over just about anything. I can run the x-maxx just about anywhere and have fun, 1/10 size trucks you have to find fairly smooth place to go fast.

RC Champion
    Good deal. Have a great time with it!!