RC Competitor

Monster slash 4x4 oil questions

My monster slash is 8.00lbs flat. I have xo1 diffs and gtr shocks (everything is also upgraded ). I am running 70wt shock oil in my gtr shocks and 100k diff oil in my diffs. I bash, do speed runs, go in the mud, and do big and little jumps . Should I make any changes to the oils to get even better performance? Or is the oils I have in it fine.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtim29 View Post
    My monster slash is 8.00lbs flat. I have xo1 diffs and gtr shocks (everything is also upgraded ). I am running 70wt shock oil in my gtr shocks and 100k diff oil in my diffs. I bash, do speed runs, go in the mud, and do big and little jumps . Should I make any changes to the oils to get even better performance? Or is the oils I have in it fine.
    Do you have a center diff, or a slipper clutch? How much jumping are you doing with the truck, and if so, are they big jumps? Do you have the smaller shocks up front and larger ( longer) shocks in the rear? What wheels and tires are you running?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    Do you have a center diff, or a slipper clutch? How much jumping are you doing with the truck, and if so, are they big jumps? Do you have the smaller shocks up front and larger ( longer) shocks in the rear? What wheels and tires are you running?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    using a revo slipper clutch, I take it to one location to jump and it jumps around 10-15 ft, small shocks up front and long ones in the back, both shocks have vg racing springs, and proline 2.8 trenchers on the f-11 rims.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    How does it perform in the situations you use it in? People over the internet can't tell you what is your perfect setup due to way too many variables.

Rather, do you like how it is, does it perform or do something you like, or don't like?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    How does it perform in the situations you use it in? People over the internet can't tell you what is your perfect setup due to way too many variables.

Rather, do you like how it is, does it perform or do something you like, or don't like?
    I think itís fine, just wanted to see if anyone recommends other set ups.

Shock, f/r diff, and center diff oil preferences are just that... preferences. Every person you ask will have their own.

If it works for you, stick with it.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Shock, f/r diff, and center diff oil preferences are just that... preferences. Every person you ask will have their own.

If it works for you, stick with it.

Have fun!
    I think my diff oil is fine. My slash goes over bumps fine but the shocks donít soak up the impact as much as Iíd like . Should I drop from 70 tw to 50wt oil?

Do you mean that the shocks make your rig bounce? If yes, then you can change your shock oil and/or change your spring rates.

What shocks are you running? If you have GTR shocks, you can also modify the Revo variable valve damping kit (#5461) to tune your shocks to how you like.

Good luck and have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Do you mean that the shocks make your rig bounce? If yes, then you can change your shock oil and/or change your spring rates.

What shocks are you running? If you have GTR shocks, you can also modify the Revo variable valve damping kit (#5461) to tune your shocks to how you like.

Good luck and have fun!

I have the gtr shocks with vg racing springs. Using 70wt shock oil but thinking about dropping down to 50 wt. I have my spring preload pretty tight so thereís no drop in the vehicle. What exactly does that variable damping kit do?