RC Enthusiast

Joined the Traxxas maxx team today, but I have an issue.

I already have an Xmaxx 8s so I wanted its little brother. I noticed that right front camber is way off compared to the other three tires? I swapped the rear tire to the front and it looks the same (lots of positive camber). In other words, the right front tire is leaning towards the body (looking at the tire from the top) . Has anyone experienced this? I'll have my LHS look at it tomorrow (where I bought it brand new today) but I don't see anything bent or broken. I'm not a rookie and have had rc vehicles for a few months now. Not to mention that I'm a previous 1:1 car technician.

RC Racer
    I have looked at mine - and I have the same deal. From where the truck is parked, I don't have a good line of sight down the left side. It definitely looks like the front is toed out on both sides as well.

If you need it to be the same as the rears, you can adjust it with the links on the wheel (camber and toe). I'd imagine it is this way by design .. but I could be wrong.

Double Post. Do we not have the option of deleting posts?
    Last edited by Double G; 01-21-2020 at 08:44 AM. Reason: merge - answer: no

RC Enthusiast
    Pictures of the issue :
    [IMG][/IMG]

Another pic:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Double G; 01-21-2020 at 08:45 AM. Reason: merge

That's toe, not camber. Take it apart and see what's wrong, that's not normal. The steering links are fixed length, so something has to broken (or unscrewed) for it to look like that.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Racer
    Yep, that's toe and not camber .. and not normal. You should be able to adjust and/or fix it.

RC Enthusiast
    Update. After going to the hobby shop and looking at it closer with the wheel off I caught the issue! The lower pin came off the huh! I can't believe I didn't notice it at home but I fixed it in about 5 minutes. Thanks. Bashed the crap out of it today. I like this vehicle.

RC Racer
    Glad you found and fixed it.

RC Enthusiast
    Update : well the lower hinge pin did pop out again a few times after every big jump off my small ramp and now where the pin goes into the steering blocks is broken . $8 part. No biggie, but I'm surprised that this happened after only like 5 runs. I don't think I want to get those $45+ aluminum upgrade ones honestly.
    Last edited by Xmaxx 8s newb; 02-13-2020 at 09:38 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Might of been a bad part from factory