RC Qualifier

E-Revo 2.0 Steering Upgrade

I'm sure this has been posted a lot, but I can't seem to find any good answers on affordable replacement servos for the 2.0. Stripped out my 2nd set of 2075s and would like something with metals gears, but also not breaking the bank. What is everyone running? Thanks!
    Philippians 4:13

I personally went single servo. It was a night and day difference and have not looked back. I run a Savox 1231sg and a Traxxas Metal Gear Servo Saver. (TRA5344X). I also got a small servo wire extension for a nice clean install. Then cut off the other arm and cleaned it up so it looks stock. There are cheaper servos others have run and I'm sure they will post. But the servo I listed is a beast!

Isaiah 41:10

RC Competitor
    Single 2255 here, and that thing is a MONSTER. Just make sure you put in the heavy duty spring.
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

I've been running the savox 1210sg in my outcast for a while. Quite a bit of speed/power on 6V and waterproof... ish.

I did blow a fet in it after a year. I was able to repair it for $5 after ordering fets from china and soldering a new one on. Not sure if that was a fluke or not, but the arrma guys really like this servo in all the 6S trucks.

I now have a max6 esc running it so I bumped the voltage up to 7.4V. Will see how it does in the spring as I don't run my non-traxxas trucks in the winter.

I run a cheap JX DC-5821LV in my ERBEv2. It runs 300oz/.16sec @6V. Not the fastest, but seems to work ok. I bought 2 or 3 of them after getting the first one since it worked out well and doesn't need a ton of amps to run it. Figured it's a decent enough servo for $17 to have a few on hand in case one other dies in any of my 10 trucks.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

I too went to a single savox servo. It was 80 bucks at lhs.

Just one more rc, then I'm done.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC poster
    Just switched to single servo setup with the Corally CS-5226. Waterproof, high tourque and twice as fast as the original one.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I've been running the savox 1210sg in my outcast for a while. Quite a bit of speed/power on 6V and waterproof... ish.

I did blow a fet in it after a year. I was able to repair it for $5 after ordering fets from china and soldering a new one on. Not sure if that was a fluke or not, but the arrma guys really like this servo in all the 6S trucks.

I now have a max6 esc running it so I bumped the voltage up to 7.4V. Will see how it does in the spring as I don't run my non-traxxas trucks in the winter.

I run a cheap JX DC-5821LV in my ERBEv2. It runs 300oz/.16sec @6V. Not the fastest, but seems to work ok. I bought 2 or 3 of them after getting the first one since it worked out well and doesn't need a ton of amps to run it. Figured it's a decent enough servo for $17 to have a few on hand in case one other dies in any of my 10 trucks.
    olds97_lss, do you run that JX servo as a single setup since it has over double the factory torque? Or would it be best to still go with the dual setup?
    Philippians 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas117 View Post
    olds97_lss, do you run that JX servo as a single setup since it has over double the factory torque? Or would it be best to still go with the dual setup?
    I run it as a single servo.

I have a cap pack sitting in the other servo spot. I added that to help the MMv1 esc I had in there after the MXL-6S smoked on me after running 6S in it a couple times. Not sure why it died, but thought adding a cap pack can't hurt, since the MMv1 had similar capabilities the MXL-6S (MMv2). I likely don't need the cap pack at all with the Max6 in there, but I already had it, so figured I'd use it.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

I run a single savox 1256tg. I'd probably go a step up in torque. Or. I need the (TRA5344X) spring in it. Which I just ordered. Seems to be a bit sluggish after a year in the car now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk