RC Racer

Optional speed gear

Got a bandit vxl, installed the telemetry gps & waiting for for rest of the sensors to come in. Anyway installed the optional speed pinion but this thing maxes out at 57mph. Itís got 76t spur 28t pinion & a reaction 5000mah 50c 3s battery. I would think it should at least do the 70mph they claim. I guess it could be the tires spinning the whole pass cause after about 4 speed passes the nipples on the tires are almost worn off. I also have a 34t pinion coming. Any other gear recommendations??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-n-red View Post
    Got a bandit vxl, installed the telemetry gps & waiting for for rest of the sensors to come in. Anyway installed the optional speed pinion but this thing maxes out at 57mph. Itís got 76t spur 28t pinion & a reaction 5000mah 50c 3s battery. I would think it should at least do the 70mph they claim. I guess it could be the tires spinning the whole pass cause after about 4 speed passes the nipples on the tires are almost worn off. I also have a 34t pinion coming. Any other gear recommendations??

I wouldnít trust the telemetry for accurate results. Iíd get a gps or the gps module they offer. 34 is gonna get that poor motor hot in a hurry.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I wouldnít trust the telemetry for accurate results. Iíd get a gps or the gps module they offer. 34 is gonna get that poor motor hot in a hurry.

Yeah I got the expander with the gps module. I guess Iím wondering why they would claim 70mph when I used the parts they recommended & itís 13mph slower than what they claim.

Iím gonna play around with gearing when I have time.

With those gearing, I don't think it's possible to spin out during the whole pass and I really doubt the motor is capable to carry enough torque to the rear wheels to make this happen at this speed, anyhow if it would be the case, the car should be uncontrollable like if you're trying to drive on an icy surface. Also it's not always the higher ratio that is the faster, sometimes when we over gearing, the motor cannot produce enough torque to the wheels to fight against the air resistance but with a ratio of 34/76, it's beyond the maximum recommended and we can think that one teeth over the Bandit chart is very little but it's like if we drop down the spur gear by about 5 tooth and the motor will be under the maximum load that it should take, therefore overheat problem could occur, another thing which should be taken into consideration is that the 70 mph speed has been reached with the use of a 8000 mah battery and with a 5000 mah, it should achieve a maximum speed of about 65 mph.

By mathematical ratio calculation and with a ratio of 28/76, it is perfectly logical that the vehicle reaches a speed of 57 mph. Bandit speed chart is not the same as the Rustler...
    https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...OoouPCZIAMpyM:
    Last edited by MECHANIC77; 01-22-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Good driver. Bad setup. Bad things will happen...