RC poster

What kind of LIPO's should i get?

I am planning on swapping to a brushless setup. (heres a link to the setup i want)

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/si...or-010-0164-02

I am very curious what kind of LiPo battery i should go with, because ive heard that Traxxas is best for NiMH battiers and not Lipos. What brand should i go with for Lipos?

RC Enthusiast
    I haven't been at this long, but here's some batteries I've bought and had good results so far with:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VVJCHCP/

https://www.amazon.com/Lectron-Conne...dp/B077FQV7G2/

The Lectron Pros are the spec battery for a track near me for stock Slash races, so I'd hope its at least decent overall. I use the ZEEs hard, so I don't expect them to last super long. The others are in storage mode unless I know I'm going out for an extended session.

I also have a 2S SMC battery that I like.

I'll be getting some 3S batteries next, as my brushless cars can handle it same as the setup you're looking at.

The awesome thing about Traxxas Lipos is they are automatically recognized by Traxxas chargers, so they have an extra level of safety, you literally can't charge it incorrectly if you are using a Traxxas lipo charger. The only downside is the Traxxas lipos are like 2-4x more money than comparable 3rd party ones...
    Last edited by BlueTrane2028; 01-22-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Yes Trx chargers are great and batteries are user friendly hooking up.

I use SMC batteries. 2s, 3s, 4s & 6s and Hitec chargers and are very happy with them.

Just one more rc, then I'm done.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Yes Trx chargers are great and batteries are user friendly hooking up.

I use SMC batteries. 2s, 3s, 4s & 6s and Hitec chargers and are very happy with them.

Just one more rc, then I'm done.
    Take this set-up (but halfsies) and that is what I run.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPower27 View Post
    I am planning on swapping to a brushless setup. (heres a link to the setup i want)

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/si...or-010-0164-02

I am very curious what kind of LiPo battery i should go with, because ive heard that Traxxas is best for NiMH battiers and not Lipos. What brand should i go with for Lipos?

IMHO, 5700kv is too high for this truck. You'll be better at 3800kv and much happier around 2400kv.

Here is what Castle even says right in their Technical Specs:
    For 2WD short course trucks on 2s LiPo and geared conservatively.
    1/10th 2WD Stadium trucks and buggies on 2s for bashing and limited runs on 3s with conservative gearing.
    Great for 1/10th scale on-road cars for 2s and 3s use.
    NOT for use in 4WD short course trucks.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-23-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Yep the setup you posted is definitely too high a KV motor for the rustler 4x4. Itís better suited for light weight 10th 2wd buggies and 1/10th on road vehicles. As said, you would be better off with the Mamba X and a 2400kv motor. Even the 3800kv motor will get hot using on the rustler 4x4. Iíve used the 3800kv motor and a sidewinder 3 on a slash 4x4, and I ended up burning the esc up and the motor got taken off as well as it ran hot even on 2s. The rustler 4x4 being very similar to the slash 4x4, I would recommend getting the mamba X or even the sidewinder 8th setup.