RC Competitor

Keeping the nose down (speed runs)

Ok, I want to see how fast my slash will go in a straight line, on road. But, everytime I get up about 35-40mph and give it more throttle it lifts and flips. I need advice on how to prevent this, without converting it to on road only use. My current set up is vxl 28/86, lcg chassis, big bores on farthest out holes in a arms, flotek body(all holes in body cut out), 3c lipo.

Only thing I can think of, is to add weight to the front of the truck. Anything else I can do? Do I need a more aerodynamic speed body? Or can a sc truck body be used to go 60+mph?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    With that body type itís important to have rake in the front, some weight wonít hurt, maybe experiment with modeling clay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Had the same issue while converting my Slash to Street Eliminator status.
    Putting a long wheelie bar on my Slash was the single best modification I've done so far.

EXAMPLE

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    When your car becomes a parachute, a wheelie bar wonít help. A proper speed run body and or weight in the front. My Rustler is now closed wheel for speed.

RC Racer
    When I was first starting out with my slash I got it to 68 with the stock body. It took a lot of experimentation but ended up building a hard foam air dam that went in right behind the front bumper of the body & raked the front a little bit. Most importantly I velcroed the side of the body to chassis. At around 50 the body would flair out & act like wings & it would shoot for the sky.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LowcntryBashers View Post
    Had the same issue while converting my Slash to Street Eliminator status.
    Putting a long wheelie bar on my Slash was the single best modification I've done so far.

EXAMPLE
    What kid of wheeling bar is that? Iíve been looking for one for my bandit but I canít find one like that. Thatís the best looking bar Iíve seen so far!!

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the advice, I'll apply it. Hopefully I can max out the gears before it'll flip now. What's a good brand for speed bodies?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-n-red View Post
    What kid of wheeling bar is that? I’ve been looking for one for my bandit but I can’t find one like that. That’s the best looking bar I’ve seen so far!!

Not sure, I found that pic on the inter-webs.

You could check DragRaceConcepts.com or RCRacingInnovations.com for wheelie bars.

I actually made my own from an old pan car (with carbon fiber chassis).

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-n-red View Post
    What kid of wheeling bar is that? I’ve been looking for one for my bandit but I can’t find one like that. That’s the best looking bar I’ve seen so far!!

Try "Nick Steele" on FB. I've never dealt with him or anything, I just saw that he makes universal wheelie bars for rc cars out of carbon fiber.

RC poster
    yes you should add weight in front it will be gud.