RC Enthusiast

1/16th Merv Body Fitment Question?

I placed a mamba max pro esc on my Merv and it still has the fan on it. I am now running into issues with the body not fitting. It is a Illuzion body. Can anyone recommend a body that will clear the MMP ESC or do they all run into this issue. I currently have the esc mounted on its side. I don;t really want to remove the fan. Thanks in advance

RC Champion
    Iíve seen where some get around this by mounting the esc into one of the battery bays. You may have to mod the chassis for this as well. But itís the only way Iíve seen a larger esc like yours be mounted into a merv without being in the way of stuff. Do a search here on the forums and you should be able to find pics of some other installs like yours.

RC Qualifier
    I have a summit vxl with the mamba max pro and it rubs the factory body. With the fan on, no matter how i moved it around it always stuck out past the side. Running mine I never noticed the fan running to cool the esc. I don't think a fan is needed at all.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the reply guys. I will continue to look into it a little more before I take off the fan.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 91300zx View Post
    I placed a mamba max pro esc on my Merv and it still has the fan on it. I am now running into issues with the body not fitting. It is a Illuzion body. Can anyone recommend a body that will clear the MMP ESC or do they all run into this issue. I currently have the esc mounted on its side. I don;t really want to remove the fan. Thanks in advance
    Are you using a 1/10 scale motor too? If youíre not and you have the cash, get the mamba micro x. Itís made for 1/16-1/18 scale rcs. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    ...get the mamba micro x. It’s made for 1/16-1/18 scale rcs. Just a thought
    I wouldn't get the Micro X. The Mamba Micro X combos says "Not intended for 1/16th scale or 1/14th scale vehicles (IE Losi Mini-8ight/T, Traxxas Mini E-Revo)" and "Application Guidelines: 1:18 scale RC hobby vehicles weighing up to 2.25lbs."

The mini erevo is closer to 1/14 scale and weighs more than 2.25lbs without batteries.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 01-24-2020 at 11:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I wouldn't get the Micro X. The Mamba Micro X combos says "Not intended for 1/16th scale or 1/14th scale vehicles (IE Losi Mini-8ight/T, Traxxas Mini E-Revo)" and "Application Guidelines: 1:18 scale RC hobby vehicles weighing up to 2.25lbs."

The mini erevo is closer to 1/14 scale and weighs more than 2.25lbs without batteries.
    There just isnít enough manufacturers making escs for smaller scale rcís. I have this no name brand Chinese esc in mine right now, and you can tell itís not great quality. Iíve been on the hunt for a better esc but outside either hobbywing, castle, or Traxxas themselves, or going 1/10 motor(which I donít want to do), thereís not many good quality small scale escs being made. Thatís why I suggested to micro x. It would probably work fine, but for 80 bucks thatís a pretty pricey ďmaybeĒ.

RC Qualifier
    When my other mini erevo's stock ESC goes, I'm going to try the Traxxas VXL-3s. I can find them really cheap from chop shops.
    You can keep the smaller motor and still run a bigger ESC. But you would have trouble running a bigger motor on a small ESC.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    When my other mini erevo's stock ESC goes, I'm going to try the Traxxas VXL-3s. I can find them really cheap from chop shops.
    You can keep the smaller motor and still run a bigger ESC. But you would have trouble running a bigger motor on a small ESC.
    Ya I agree. The vxl3m escs are like 50-60 bucks on eBay, motors are 35-50 so not bad imo. Could get both for around 100 instead of the normal 150+ price tag, and they are new for 100 bucks total!

I bought a Merv off eBay Friday for 100 and am going to pull the vxl3m system out of it and put it in my current Merv, and then convert that second Merv into a summit. It didnít come with a radio but I bought a fly sky gt3b for 30 bucks off eBay to use with it. I donít need anything fancy Iíll have to get a 1/16 summit body, body mounts, tires, long travel rockers, front/rear bumpers, and light kit. Not too bad, Iíll prolly end up getting all of it ofd eBay.

RC Qualifier
    Good luck with the build. There are so many different ways to go.
    FWIW: I was talking of using the Traxxas 380 motor and the 1/10 scale ESC. Traxxas VXL-3m is 1/16 scale and VXL-3s is 1/10.