RC poster

Bent suspension pin

I was taking my Maxx apart to install the Wide Maxx kit and found the rear suspension pin, part 8941, was bent. I'm not sure when it actually happened, although a full speed, 20 yard cartwheel is likely the culprit.

I wouldn't have even noticed because I kept driving for another 10-15 minutes and there were no signs of any problems. The fact that that's the only part that was damaged is pretty impressive, I was sure I was going to be done for the day. Unfortunately I still am while Traxxas ships a replacement, my hobby shop doesn't stock many replacement Maxx parts.

Has this part bent for anyone else?

RC poster
    Haven’t had any issues with the stock suspension pins yet. I also just picked up the wide kit and just for piece of mind I’ve ordered part#8940x. Might want to look into it if you drive your truck hard.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Havenít had any issues with the stock suspension pins yet. I also just picked up the wide kit and just for piece of mind Iíve ordered part#8940x. Might want to look into it if you drive your truck hard.
    Funny you mention that set, I ordered one over the weekend.

RC Enthusiast
    i bought the hardened suspension pins off amazon for $20 not a bad price for piece of mind