RC poster

Maxx pulls to right and issues turning left.

Maxx has the widemaxx kit on. It constantly pulls to the right. Even with steering trim all the way left it still slightly pulls right. Nothing is loose or broken that I can tell. Have taken it apart. Also because of whatever is wrong I'm assuming. It barely turns left like wide wide circles, compared to making a right nice tight circle....well for the Maxx anyway lol.

One more thing sometimes the throttle has a delay. I squeeze it and theres like a second it just sits there and then takes off. Please help.

Pulling means there is drag. Remove the steering servo and either the pinion or the motor entirely and push with your hands. You'll have to figure where the friction is coming from. Also, make sure that the tie rod and turnbuckles are the same length and all four corners are properly aligned. Verify that no pins are bent which will cause alignment issues.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-27-2020 at 08:57 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Replaced both lower pins because of a bend. I'll try removing servo. I just was messing with it also. And sitting still if I turn left and let go the wheels return straight. If i turn right and let go the wheels turn back some but are still pointed very right. Possible serve issue?

RC poster
    Hmm I also just pushed the car hard and it rolled straight as an arrow. Messed up servo?? I'm kind if new to rc cars.

RC Champion
    Mine was doing the same thing. Went to the hobby store where I bought it, they said if it happens while the Maxx is moving then there's concern. If your Maxx is stationary, no problem.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    Mine was doing the same thing. Went to the hobby store where I bought it, they said if it happens while the Maxx is moving then there's concern. If your Maxx is stationary, no problem.
    Yeah i expect it to not turn all the way sitting still. But it happens while running. and like i said if car is off and i push it it rolls straight as can be. And then noticing the wheels don't turn back straight when turning right. I am probably going to replace the servo and see what happens.

RC Champion
    Go to talk to whoever you bought it from.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

RC Enthusiast
    "One more thing sometimes the throttle has a delay. I squeeze it and theres like a second it just sits there and then takes off."

Sometimes this happens to me as well
    Not every time I pull the trigger, but often enough to be noticible.

Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    "One more thing sometimes the throttle has a delay. I squeeze it and theres like a second it just sits there and then takes off."

Sometimes this happens to me as well
    Not every time I pull the trigger, but often enough to be noticible.
    If this is when you're switching from reverse to forward (or forward to reverse), it's pretty normal.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    If this is when you're switching from reverse to forward (or forward to reverse), it's pretty normal.
    To mine it happens from a dead stop sitting there sometimes. But anyway pretty sure i found out the issue!! i have a bearing cracked in half somehow and the bearing balls were falling out. It has even scored the plastic!

Last edited by Robski; 01-28-2020 at 11:46 PM.

RC Racer
    Nice find! Hope it'll run better now!

Which bearing was it?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTigger View Post
    Nice find! Hope it'll run better now!

Which bearing was it?
    Bearing under the steering bellcrank! New one should be here tomorrow i hope. Then we shall see. Hope it fixes the issue. It was eating away at the plastic pretty good. That stuff hanging off is plastic strips not just random debris lol. Had to cut it off.

RC poster
    Had this thing less than a month and dang bearing cracking in half. Highest in the air its been is like 3 ft.... oh well.