RC poster

Help ID broken part

Hello! I am a newbie and not very good at identifying specific parts but this part broke on my front axle area. What do I need to buy to replace this.
    Last edited by Tikki000; 01-27-2020 at 06:26 PM.

RC Qualifier
    If you have trouble posting pics, try using FB the Tapatalk app

RC poster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    If you have trouble posting pics, try using FB the Tapatalk app
    Done...thanks

Last edited by Double G; 01-28-2020 at 08:20 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    It looks like a Caster block
    The traxxas part # is 2632R or 2634R one has 25 degrees of Rake the other 30 degrees I’m
    Not sure which one the stock one has
    They plboth work

Stock is part#2632R 30degress
    Option is part#2634R 25degrees

From Traxxas:
    "The stock 30 degree caster blocks increase low-speed steering for sharper turning response."
    "Decreasing the caster to 25 degree in the front suspension will decrease low-speed steering allowing the model to push in the corners for easier, more predictable driving."

As Dakratfink said "they both will work." If you switch to the option ones, be sure to change both left and right side.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Stock is part#2632R 30degress
    Option is part#2634R 25degrees

From Traxxas:
    "The stock 30 degree caster blocks increase low-speed steering for sharper turning response."
    "Decreasing the caster to 25 degree in the front suspension will decrease low-speed steering allowing the model to push in the corners for easier, more predictable driving."

As Dakratfink said "they both will work." If you switch to the option ones, be sure to change both left and right side.
    Thank you guys very much!!! Will the aluminum ones work too?

What aluminum ones are you looking at? The Traxxas part#1952(A,G,T,X) carriers, stub axle are for the rear. For the front you would need to go aftermarket Mfg.
    Hot racing makes a set Part# TN1906 that say will fit Traxxas Nitro Rustler and Nitro Stampede.

What aluminum ones are you looking at? The Traxxas part#1952(A,G,T,X) carriers, stub axle are for the rear. For the front you would need to go aftermarket Mfg.
    Hot racing makes a set Part# TN1906 that say will fit Traxxas Nitro Rustler and Nitro Stampede.
    Traxxas makes aluminum caster blocks part number 3632g, I just bought a pair for my basher rustler VXL. Here’s the link where I bought mine. I doing a green theme on it

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F191964335213

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Traxxas makes aluminum caster blocks part number 3632g, I just bought a pair for my basher rustler VXL...
    The Nitro Rustler and the Electric Rustler are different.

RC Enthusiast
    Aluminum sucks get plastic RPM C blocks and you’ll never break it again. If you enjoy having stuck/stripped screws go with aluminum..
    Xmaxx 8S, Arrma Infraction, Nitro Rustler

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    Aluminum sucks get plastic RPM C blocks and you’ll never break it again. If you enjoy having stuck/stripped screws go with aluminum..
    I took this advice.....once. Those c blocks are way too soft. I had several bearings explode because of deformation of RPM blocks. Went with aluminum and have had zero issues.

The Nitro Rustler and the Electric Rustler are different.
    My bad Grizzly, assumed they had same front ends I did get a few companies to pop up for aluminum parts for the nitro rustler.

I found this on eBay. Worth a look.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163684538116

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I took this advice.....once. Those c blocks are way too soft. I had several bearings explode because of deformation of RPM blocks. Went with aluminum and have had zero issues.

Yeah my aluminum ones have been great so far. Only have had them for about a month but they are much better than the plastic ones. I bought rpm caster blocks for my rustler 4x4 and they weren’t as good as I thought they’d be. I broke the left side doing a 20ish mph cartwheel, bought chop shop slash ultimate caster blocks for 55. Been great ever since.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post

I’ve had rpm C blocks on all my rustlers and have had no issues like that. Guess it depends on the usage scenario. With metal however I’ve found the screws get stuck or fall out. Plastic is just better for these little cars imo.

Rpm products do have their place, A-arms and bumpers. I feel the're not so good for something that needs to be rigid like carriers. Their products are made to be flexible. I had pillow balls pull through on my T-maxx.

No problem Rocketzx1, I didn't want the OP think they were a replacement.

Also I just looked at RPM's site and couldn't find them for the Nitro Rustler.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Yeah my aluminum ones have been great so far. Only have had them for about a month but they are much better than the plastic ones. I bought rpm caster blocks for my rustler 4x4 and they weren’t as good as I thought they’d be. I broke the left side doing a 20ish mph cartwheel, bought chop shop slash ultimate caster blocks for 55. Been great ever since.

I wonder if RPM’s newer products have dropped in quality. I know the Xmaxx wheelie bar they make sucks and have heard of some other issues about their recent products that I can’t remember. For the 2wd Rustler application however I’ve had a great experience with their C blocks. I’ve broken stock ones at 5 mph while the RPM parts took a beating like a champ

Edit: I haven’t broken any of my 4x4 slash, rustler or stampede caster blocks yet and they do feel much more durable. I do have Traxxas aluminum caster blocks on my 4x4 stampede and they’re ok so far, time will tell.
    Last edited by Defiant1; 01-28-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    I wonder if RPM’s newer products have dropped in quality. I know the Xmaxx wheelie bar they make sucks and have heard of some other issues about their recent products that I can’t remember. For the 2wd Rustler application however I’ve had a great experience with their C blocks. I’ve broken stock ones at 5 mph while the RPM parts took a beating like a champ

Edit: I haven’t broken any of my 4x4 slash, rustler or stampede caster blocks yet and they do feel much more durable. I do have Traxxas aluminum caster blocks on my 4x4 stampede and they’re ok so far, time will tell.
    I’m not sure, I’m certainly not calling rpms products bad at all or low quality. I think sometimes in this hobby, with how parts are mass produced, you’re going to get a dud every now and then. I think I just unlucky, no big deal.

I really enjoy their parts, they are very well made and reasonably priced!