RC Competitor

What should I do for new combo setup?

Hi all, I have a Slash 4x4 hgc base model without anything special, it's been 6 years since I bought it and I have to replace my esc and motor. I cannot run my vehicle because it needs new esc and diff maintenance. It has Hobbywing EzRun 4s esc but esc is in pretty bad condition, "bad" rc dealer broke few pieces and told me I've done it, few years ago. It has stock motor, which is 2 pole Vxl 3500.

In few months I want to get it back to the track but I have to decide where should I place my new combo, to Slash 4x4 or to Rally 4x4? I will buy something like ElSob's system because it seems really great but I also have a Rally 4x4 1/10, it's simply in perfect condition, running on stock Vxl setup with 3s. I love using my rally because it handles better than my Slash and I'm using it for tracks/on road, so where should I put my new combo, what is your recommendations?

I will be using my Slash 4x4 for bashing and probably gonna get 2.8 ProLine tires, just want to add as much information as I can to decide whats best. Would it be better for me to put new system to rally and keep driving it on track or should I put new combo to monster Slash? I'm always using 3s lipo's.

Rally needs to be fast for track, I'm not a pro but it has to be fast
    Slash needs to be fast/crazy, because I will use it for bashing with huge tires.

And which motor system should I use?
    Thanks.

RC Champion
    Get the El Sob system for the Slash. Geared 50/20 on 3s is a blast.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    Get the El Sob system for the Slash. Geared 50/20 on 3s is a blast.

El Sob is using 2400kv motor, this motor makes less speed with factory gearing but would it be better after 20/50? Because it has much more torque than 4600kv but rpm is very low. I have to decide better one from factory esc/motor. I will be using it on 3s/4s (maybe)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkee View Post
    El Sob is using 2400kv motor, this motor makes less speed with factory gearing but would it be better after 20/50? Because it has much more torque than 4600kv but rpm is very low. I have to decide better one from factory esc/motor. I will be using it on 3s/4s (maybe)
    PM El Sob and pick his brain.

If you're racing, you should check with your local track and see what restrictions they/ROAR have on motor/ESC for your vehicle class.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    What are you doing with the Old ESC combo? Is it dead? If not PM me .

RC Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    What are you doing with the Old ESC combo? Is it dead? If not PM me .
    Pmíd to you. Old esc is Hobbywing ezrun wpsc8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Berkee; 01-28-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    PM El Sob and pick his brain.

I'm always willing to help a fellow forum member!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Competitor

@El Sob Thank you very much, mate. I just found I had a brand new Vxl Motor, this is insane. Even found it in the bag they sent it to me, I remembered that I bought it when my first ESC fried and I thought it was motor xD. Itís never used and from tower hobbies about 2-3 years old, Iím glad to find it. Now Iím thinking on to put this new original Vxl (4 poles I think, 10turn)motor in my Slash 4x4 instead of old 2 pole motor and buy new vxl-3s ESC with some more parts. How it looks, is it good?

I think itís better for me for a while.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Berkee; 01-31-2020 at 07:06 AM.

RC Competitor

Huh I think it isnít worth, brand new esc costs ~£160 or eBay one without warranty to anything for ~£85. I think Iím gonna do the job Iím good at, selling never used 10turn new motor on ebay and getting some crazy esc combo like El Sobís one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Berkee; 01-31-2020 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Mistake about tagging someone