Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    P.S. To answer your question, Grizzles "I mentioned something about using a XO-1 mount. I don't own one, but you do. Is it possible to do what I suggested?" The answer (you're not going to like this, lol) is no. The XO-1 motor mount won't mechanically fit on where it would be need to be fitted on a Emaxx. It would be like putting a square peg in a round hole. The other reason is a XO-1 mount adjusts horizontally for gear mesh as apposed to a Emaxx mount that curves vertically.
    Re-read what was said. "Would it be possible to take an XO-1 motor mount, drill a couple of hole and bolt it to the Emaxx one? The Xo-1 motor mounts are adjusted by sliding, instead of swinging upward." Why could you not bolt the motor adapter to the E-maxx plates? Just because something is made for one purpose doesn't mean it couldn't be used differently. Like in this picture. I drew it very quickly so it's not to scale. Just showing why does it matter if it mounts horizontally.

Also, I have never seen an after market motor mount that would let you mount a 1717 motor to a Emaxx. It would have to be made. The first step in making one (for a Emaxx 1717 installation) would be to make a motor mount that would work and fit like the stock, but would have the spacing that would be needed to mount a 1717 motor. There are some problems with that, but I will tell you them later on when I have more time. Take care till then.
    Post#6 I answered that question. SAGA E-MAXX mount(1) and another SAGA E-MAXX mount(2)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Reply #7 reads like a reason why it shouldn't be done in your "professional amateur opinion", with no explanations of "several things that need to be done before he can benefit from its' full potential."
    What needs to be done if I want to run 6s?

Post #31 you said use two brushless motors (MM2). How would the power output from two 1515 motors be less than one 1717 motor? I would think one 1717 would be better.
    You did say that's the way you would go. But you didn't answer my curiosity question. (Is one an easier install than installing two?)

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Hearing the word "no" is usually never easy, but sometimes it's the only answer to a question. Let me know if you guys are looking for more power, more speed or just looking for a challenge; and I will be glad to jump in and give you some ideas on some of the options that I've explored in the past.
    Back to the original question. How would I fit a XO-1 motor in my E-maxx?

Why would "no" or "why waist your time and money with trying to install a XO-1 motor" even be said.

What would be wrong if I wanted to install the XO-1 motor and run 4s? Or install one for a shelf queen? Why should that make any difference? I would still need suggestions on mounting either way. I never asked how it would be run, I only tried offering suggestions on how to go about installing a motor. What are some of your ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12