Thread: Ouch

RC poster

Ouch

This is my first post... its nice to meet you all. Last week my new X-Maxx arrived, what a glorious day! I installed two 9400mAh batteries from SMC, and headed outside to a field across the street.

Man this truck is fast! I was crossing the field, and started to make a turn to come back around. I noticed a bench near the edge.... which I attempted to turn way from. Unfortunately I didn't make the turn. My front wheel hit the bench and the X-Maxx looked like it exploded. . Man, such a bummer. The crash broke the upper & lower bulkheads, the differential housing, the shock tower, and the chassis brace. After my first 5 minutes of driving. Ouch.

I'm wondering if it's normal to have so much damage from a crash? I'm waiting on some replacement parts, and hoping I can get her put back together. Clearly I need to practice my driving lol

This thread is useless without pictures, of course.

That's a lot of kinetic energy being thrown around and hitting an inanimate object, so yes that can happen. Plus, depending on the temperature where you live, in the winter here up north that plastic is more brittle and will easily shatter.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forums, and yes it's normal to have some parts break on certain impacts especially this time of year with the cold and parts are more brittle. Speed and weight and imoveable objects get most of us at one time or another, just replace with stock parts as they are readily available at most places or on line. Happy bashing and don't get discouraged jsut use caution lol.

It didn't happen without pictures

It all happens to the best of us. Full speed + concrete or a tree means you sit on the healing bench for a while.

Tapatalk app on phone is best way to put up pics.

Welcome and have fun. Half the hobby is fixing the stuff we break.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    lol, thanks guys..... I'll definitely post some pics

Don't feel bad. I have a rogue tree that keeps jumping out in front of me.

I kept running into my legs, I can never seem to not run my feet over it destroy my legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I love seeing pix of destroyed xmaxx’s. Sounds like you did a good one!
    I’ve never smashed mine up that bad.

RC Qualifier
    I guess if you dont destroy it youre not really driving it.

There is not much an A-arm or chassis can do when it alone strikes and immovable object at something north of 40mph.

Upside....you now get to become intimate with your new XMAXX. Should be fun.

My speedrunner hit a concrete light pole base lol, carnage was everywhere, I even bent the pins inside the rx from impact. Speed + unmovable object = trip to hobby shop.

Just one more rc, then I'm done.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I hit a flag pole around 40-50. Only broke a shock shaft. It really depends on where the impact was, as to what else it affects. Sounds like a good crash.

RC Qualifier
    I love all the answers above!

But don't feel bad, it's part of the game. I say this knowing full well how you feel...
    When I got mine, I had litterally pulled the trigger once and smashed into a once= out of commission in 10 seconds flat! Clearly I didn't know what I was buying until I bought it.
    My second time out I let a friend try it... 45 seconds later= out of commission (again a fence but at least a different one)
    But I can still say I love this beast from the second I ordered it lol

Buy it, break it, fix it, break it again

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Wow I thought I was hard on my truck. I always drive at an offroad BMX track with jumps etc. and have crashed quite a few times. I had my truck for almost two months now and haven't broken anything except for the stock fan blades on the motor. Other than that maintenance wise I've installed the Po-Line hub carriers with oversized bearings and cleaned bearings once. This truck is an absolute beast when it comes to toughness. Looking forward to seeing those pictures!
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Revo 3.3
    X-Maxx 8S

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Brew View Post
    This is my first post... its nice to meet you all. Last week my new X-Maxx arrived, what a glorious day! I installed two 9400mAh batteries from SMC, and headed outside to a field across the street.

Man this truck is fast! I was crossing the field, and started to make a turn to come back around. I noticed a bench near the edge.... which I attempted to turn way from. Unfortunately I didn't make the turn. My front wheel hit the bench and the X-Maxx looked like it exploded. . Man, such a bummer. The crash broke the upper & lower bulkheads, the differential housing, the shock tower, and the chassis brace. After my first 5 minutes of driving. Ouch.

I'm wondering if it's normal to have so much damage from a crash? I'm waiting on some replacement parts, and hoping I can get her put back together. Clearly I need to practice my driving lol
    Depth perception is your enemy when in open fields with in movable objects! Need to really take your time and run new vehicles with caution until you get the hang of their steering and braking.

That being said welcome to the world of a massive high speed @ 35 plus lbs XMAXX.

Fix it and get back at it, enjoy.

RC poster
    Here’s a couple pics of the damage...

RC Qualifier
    Here’s a couple pics of the damage...

Wow you weren't kidding...carnage

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Well done!! That’s some real damage.

RC poster
    lol thanks, just realized I snapped the front bar mount as well. Back to the hobby shop!

I ordered a couple upgrades as well, RPM rear axle carriers and a T-bone Maxximus bumper.

RC Qualifier
    Great way to learn how to rebuild your brand new Vehicle! post total replacement cost for us feeling your pain.

RC poster
    It's funny how sometimes a relatively small accident causes a lot of damage, and other times the worst crash seems to not do much.

Recently my Slash 4x4 lifted off the ground at around 100 and went flipping down the street for probably 150ft. The only damage was some scuffed rims and a rear linkage got shoved all the way in on the threads (I thought the back hub/carrier/axle was bent at first before I realized). I think because it was tumbling end over and along the edge (like a wheel), all the force it had when it took off was dissipated over a long period of time and converted to mostly rotational energy. Thank goodness for the front and rear Rally bumpers on there, too!

RC poster
    CA glue to the rescue! :P

RC Champion

Welcome to the X-Maxx world, sorry to read your accident, but, the Traxxas spares are cheap and every LHS in USA has it.