RC Competitor

2-2842x 2s lipos in series in this truck?

looking to get one of these soon. I already own 2 lipos for stampedes. They are the 2s lipos part number 2842x. Thinking about picking up a traxxas series y harness and stacking these batts in this truck to save money on brand new battery. Anyone know if this will fit and work in this thing?

RC Qualifier
    they should fit
    how long are they
    fabricator

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed-The-Ace View Post
    ...Thinking about picking up a traxxas series y harness...
    If you are thinking of the harness made for the 1/16 scale vehicles Part# 3063X. I would look elsewhere, that is made with 16ga wire. I would look for one with 10ga wire, as the stock ESC uses that size wire. You definitely should not go any smaller than the wire gauge on the batteries you plan to use.

RC Champion
    Agreed. Going down in wire size is not what you want to do. This will create a bottleneck and cause heat issues and possibly damage your electronics due to inadequate power getting to the esc. As said, use at least the same size wire as what the esc has, or better yet, if you can make it work, go up one wire size to #8awg wire. It would most likely be to your advantage to make your own series harness out of #8-#10awg wire and make the leads as short as possible. Just my experience with wiring things. The longer the leads, the more loss you will get, especially with DC wiring.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

RC Competitor
    I didn’t realize the y harness you can buy was smaller gauge wire. Yeah I definitely wouldn’t go down in wire size. Id just make one myself in that case.