RC poster

Motor locked up after 30 days....need a new one

Hi all, santa brought me a maxx for xmas. Been having an absolute great time with it until yesterday when it stopped and refused to move anymore. It wouldn't even roll if pushed. I removed the motor, couldnt spin it by hand, but truck rolled smooth again.
    Motor was disassembled and it looks like the wrapss on the rotor part are coming off and binding up.
    This truck has been through a couple of small puddles, but never sat and took a bath in them. WD40 always applied before and after each run if it gets wet. Overall just a rant. Not very happy with this outcome of 1month of avg use. Gonna talk to Traxxas to see what if anything they can do.
    ( I can email pics of motor for clarity if anyone is curious to see them. Just ask.)

RC poster
    You could take the end caps off and see what seems to be the problem, or you could just call traxxas and see if they will warranty it.

RC poster
    End caps came off. I had the inner rotor in my hand. The insulation wraps on the rotor are unwrapping, falling off, and binding between the 2 pcs. Traxxas will fix it for 60bucks because it's a few days out of warranty. On a unit that had a battery in it maybe 8 times. I'm gonna call them today and try to argue w them.
    I understand a 30day warranty on electronics, but the motor should not fall apart on it's own, within that time.

RC Racer
    That motor should last two years !!! They tottaly owe u a motor , that's rediculuose , go getm !!!

RC Champion
    Traxxas does not manufacture the bearings
    bearings Fail
    cleaning and lubricating them is up to the owner operator
    Brushless motor bearing oil
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trinity-Roy...EAAOSwm1Vcue~k
    or
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRITEP5010-...MAAOSwxg5X1Rjq
    fabricator