RC poster

2 speed conversion?

is it possible to convert my slash 4x4 vxl to a 2 speed transmission. has anyone done this and what parts do i need.

Never heard of that

Sent from my N9519 using Tapatalk

Best way I know is buy a Summit and call it a Slash.

Just buy a traxxas slayer. It’s pretty much a slash that’s gas powered. I don’t think you can convert an electric slash to a 2 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtim29 View Post
    Just buy a traxxas slayer. Itís pretty much a slash thatís gas powered. I donít think you can convert an electric slash to a 2 speed.
    How does the slayer switch gears

RC Champion
    First let me ask why are you wanting to do this?? And as for switching gears, itís Either through the optidrive device or RPMís. Never heard of anyone wanting to switch a slash 4x4 to 2 speed tranny. Not sure what tranny you could even use. The summit one would be the closest thing I can think of besides the slayer. But making it fit and work is another thing. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Yup, why, when you can kv down and raise the s count? That said, you will be needing some serious fab skills. Look into the crawler world and go from there. Realize you'll need to figure out the new trans/motor mount arrangement, then find real estate for the shift servo. A major undertaking to modify an OEM truck. At the end of the day, you'll have a fortune of both time and money invested. Like stated elsewhere, money ahead doing a LT Summit. Never heard of a Slayer E conversion, if you are thinking speed runs. Again, not your Slash anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymikes View Post
    How does the slayer switch gears

There is a centrifugal clutch that at certain RPMs a pawl will flip out and grab the second gear.
    The Super Derecho