RC Qualifier

2.0 outdrives to 1.0 outdrives

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I didn't know they were interchangeable... I have a full set of RPM on my v1 ERBE that I tore down to build my 2.0, but thought the arms weren't usable on it. I still have 2 nitro revos to use them on, so may just keep them on hand for those anyway. The 2.0 arms seem to be holding up really well.

If RPM came out with true-track for the 2.0, I'd be all over that though. Very tired of the rear turnbuckles... I haven't had rear turnbuckles on a revo for over a decade... until now again.
    I got good news or bad news for you. It depends on how you want to look at it. The reason the RPM true track probably doesn't fit is because of the bearing sizes needed for the axles on the 2.0. The diff outputs on the 2.0 is 8mm where the 1.0 is 6mm. You can use part# 8684 as a modification. You would use the shorter gear in part# 8684 and install those in place of part#8683 in the 2.0 diffs. This would give you the same 6mm output size of the revo 1.0. Then you could use revo, summit, MIP revo 1.0 axles. Bad news is list price on part# 8684 is $25 and you would need two packages per diff.

If you truly wanted to run the RPM true track I would swap out just the rear diff gears to the #8684 gears and run the 1.0 axles in the RPM rear and run the stock setup (2.0 axles) in the front. Gearing would be the same because the ring & pinion are not changed.

I hope this helps.
    2.0 to 1.0

I ran across a "how to" before, was a bit more costly than this, but basically you ended up running v1 axles, which isn't something I'd want to do just to get rid of the rear turnbuckles. Stock v1 axles won't hold up well to 6S, which is the main reason I converted to a 2.0 revo from a 1.0, so I could run 6S without having to be easy on it.

Thanks for the tip though.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    When I did the losi lst mod I also used the losi lst axles. I copied Mistercrash's conversion. Maybe they could be used, I'll have to find mine and measure them. What about the mip axles? They would fit the true-track and hold up well.

Some that did the lst mod also upgraded their axles and if you did, it wouldn't cost to much to convert the 2.0 to run already upgraded parts.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 02-04-2020 at 01:27 AM.

If I get frustrated enough with the turnbuckles/ends, I'll dig into that more since I already have a spare set of truetrack arms/carriers. At $145 for the set for MIP's for front and rear, I can likely live with it as it is for a while.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    If I get frustrated enough with the turnbuckles/ends, I'll dig into that more since I already have a spare set of truetrack arms/carriers. At $145 for the set for MIP's for front and rear, I can likely live with it as it is for a while.
    I don't understand why you would need to do the front? You would only need to do the rear axles and not the front. Gearing is not changed at all because the ring and pinions are still the Erevo 2.0.

To use the True Track on the Erevo 2.0 with MIP axles, parts list:

1ea RPM Part#80562 or #80565 Black or Blue True-Track Rear End Kit for the Traxxas Revo
    2ea Traxxas Part#8684 Output gear, center differential, hardened steel (need the short gear in pkg)
    1ea Mip Part#18130 MIP X-Duty™, Front/Rear, Traxxas 1/10 E-Revo (Original) / Revo Nitro 3.3/2.5/2.5R / T-MAXX (2)
    Hex wheel adapters to fit the MIP and wheels you would be using. (Erevo 1.0 hex would work)

Anybody could substitute different axles in place of the MIP's (any axle that fits the Erevo 1.0)
    Last edited by grizzly03; 02-04-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Other than general symmetry, your right. I was thinking along the lines of have RPM arms/carriers on all 4 corners, since that's what I have, so I would need the extra expense of axles up front as well.

If I had snapped the arms as quickly as I did on my other revo's, I'd likely have gone that route from the start. But they are holding up to some serious abuse, and aside from snapping a rod end or axle carrier on the odd landing, I'll live with it as is for now.

I'm just happy I can run 6S in it and mash the throttle however I see fit!

RC Qualifier
    The E-Revo 2.0 driveline puts the Lst2 diff mod to shame. Many cartwheels and flips later and still going strong.

Now if they would upgrade the Summit diffs to the 2.0 size it would be my favorite hands down!