RC Qualifier

Who Wants Original 3906 E-Maxx Steel Transmission Gears?

Hey everyone,

I just picked up an original first gen 3906 Emaxx because I've wanted one for nostalgic reasons for quite some time. What a great truck. I'm trying to keep it as close to stock as possible while still pulling it begrudgingly into modern day. I know a lot of guys like to fit brushless systems to these trucks and that may put quite a bit of undue stress on the stock transmission, hence the option of steel trans gears. I'm a machinist and exploring the possibility of getting this done. I haven't fully priced everything out, but my initial GUESS is that they would go for around the $100 mark for a full set of both idlers, both bottom gears, and a metal drive dog selector. Is anyone interested in this? Startup cost and effort is fairly significant, so if no one wants them, I probably won't go down that path.

Any input?
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

Not much people are going to be searching for metal gears for this truck. From what I've seen, for the prices people are asking for 3906's you can scoop up a 3905 (2nd gen E-Maxx). On top of that, I have owned 2 3906's in the past. I would love to build another one in the future and drop a transmission from a 3905/3908 into it. Think that would be a cool way to get a sturdy transmission for cheap. Heck you might be able to squeeze the new E-Revo 2.0 transmission onto that chassis.
    Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

RC Qualifier
    I see your point, thanks for the input. I suppose this would be targeted more towards the "purists" that want to keep the truck as original as possible, but also want to upgrade some of the hidden things like gears. I know that the Gorillamax transmissions were popular back when and seem to go for a pretty penny if and when they pop up. I wasn't sure if anyone out there was interested in a similar product at a much more affordable price. But that's why I'm asking, so I do appreciate the input.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?