Thread: Slash or Ralley

RC Racer

Slash or Ralley

Iím about to purchase another rig to build for speed. I had a sl4sh speed rig before so I kinda know what is capable of. I canít make up my mind which one I want. I really like the Festiva body but I think I can get a sl4sh to go faster. Looking at the Ultimate but I would pull the electronics out & run castle 1/8 scale in either one of them. Whatís yíall opinion???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-n-red View Post
    I’m about to purchase another rig to build for speed. I had a sl4sh speed rig before so I kinda know what is capable of. I can’t make up my mind which one I want. I really like the Festiva body but I think I can get a sl4sh to go faster. Looking at the Ultimate but I would pull the electronics out & run castle 1/8 scale in either one of them. What’s y’all opinion???

I assume you mean rally, and fiesta instead of Festiva?

What was your set up before? I mean motor, esc, bumper set up, body, etc. you seem to be talking about a lot of different things, I wouldn’t throw down 5 bills just to replace almost all the expensive parts, and no too many people will recommend the rally or the fiesta body for speed runs.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 02-04-2020 at 04:52 PM.

You can connect the telemetry to any motor system that you want. The Ultimate would be an excellent choice! The aluminum goodies along with the telemetry are worth the extra cost.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    I assume you mean rally, and fiesta instead of Festiva?

What was your set up before? I mean motor, esc, bumper set up, body, etc. you seem to be talking about a lot of different things, I wouldnít throw down 5 bills just to replace almost all the expensive parts, and no too many people will recommend the rally or the fiesta body for speed runs.
    Sl4sh with lcg chassis, CC 2200kv 1/8 scale, MM esc, 6s, MIP in the rear, Traxxas Cvdís in the front Proljne rear spoiler, open wheeled with Jaco 2040 tires, spectrum radio & receiver with AVC, sway bars, GTR shocks, fast Eddie bearings, 29T spur 34T pinion Losi buggy body.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    You can connect the telemetry to any motor system that you want. The Ultimate would be an excellent choice! The aluminum goodies along with the telemetry are worth the extra cost.
    This is probably what Iíll go with it. My lhs has one, they also have the CC 2200kv system & the Traxxas cvdís in stock. Iíve already got all the telemetry parts from my bandit along with the telemetry expander, gps module & auto detect temp sensor that I run in the esc.

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-14-2020 at 02:46 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-n-red View Post
    Sl4sh with lcg chassis, CC 2200kv 1/8 scale, MM esc, 6s, MIP in the rear, Traxxas Cvdís in the front Proljne rear spoiler, open wheeled with Jaco 2040 tires, spectrum radio & receiver with AVC, sway bars, GTR shocks, fast Eddie bearings, 29T spur 34T pinion Losi buggy body.

I would suggest start with an eBay ultimate roller for about 300, and add parts as you go. The rally front bumper opens up the possibility for all the delta plastik road bodies. You previous set up probably was hampered by the open wheel buggy set up, the low slung speed run bodies will help with that. Power plant wise seems like you had a good set up so I would let others who have experience with more power like 8s set ups chime in.