Thread: Disappointed

RC Enthusiast

Angry Disappointed

Am i the only one disappointed in this truck. You cant turn with out it rolling over. Yes i know there is a widening kit. What a shame you have to spend money right out of the box to drive this truck. I cant believe i sold a revo 2.0 to get this truck.

Not sure what you expected. It's a stampede 4x4 on steroids... which is a very tippy truck. High COG, narrow track width... kind of to be expected really.

My ERBEv2 flips over all the time as well, but I don't run 1/2" offsite wheels like stock. Not as much as my stampede 4x4 does though.

Lessen the preload on the shock springs, might help some.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

There have been many posts and threads here detailing the Maxx's strengths and weaknesses as well as it's designed purpose.

The Maxx is a Monster stunt truck, not a racer.

If you want off road stability try thr Rustler 4x4 VXL.

RC Competitor
    The revo is build to be low and wide. Maxx is tall short. I don’t think you’re disappointed in the truck you just bought a truck that wasn’t fitting for your needs. Maybe a impulse buy? I could say I’m disappointed in my Maxx by comparison to my xmaxx, but that’s not really fair. For 10 to 20 bucks you can get 17mm hubs that widen it, but that will still not make it like the revo.

Even the rustler 4x4 flips over on me every now and then when trying to turn hard and fast lol But youíre right. Itís not meant to turn sharp, itís for stunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Get the wide kit and and change the shock oil and call it a day

Quote Originally Posted by Med382 View Post
    Am i the only one disappointed in this truck. You cant turn with out it rolling over. Yes i know there is a widening kit. What a shame you have to spend money right out of the box to drive this truck. I cant believe i sold a revo 2.0 to get this truck.
    I find this upsetting because without doing any kind of research in what you are buying, it is the manufacturers fault that it's not what you want?

Why can't anybody take responsibility for their own actions, instead of blaming someone else for their decisions?

Sorry, rant over.

RC Enthusiast
    I am glad you asume that i didnt do research. In fact its really the first truck that i read and watched videos before buying. Big squid gave it almost A+ in every category. But glad your misinformed rant is over.

Gentlemen...
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

RC Qualifier
    The problem is the truck is built to run on dirt

Quote Originally Posted by Med382 View Post
    I am glad you asume that i didnt do research. In fact its really the first truck that i read and watched videos before buying. Big squid gave it almost A+ in every category. But glad your misinformed rant is over.
    So you blame Traxxas and not Big Squid?

If your disappointed that's fine but put blame where it should be. Traxxas doesn't control reviews of their products.

Not once did you ask what could be done to help the rolling over, besides getting the widening kit. Sarcastic complaining helps no one.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 02-05-2020 at 02:36 PM. Reason: reason for rant

No one gets anywhere having an argument over the internet.
    The Super Derecho