RC poster

VXL-3s ESC with Tactic TTX300?

Not sure if this post is allowed or not, but has anyone been able to calibrate a Traxxas VXL-3s ESC to a Tactic TTX300 transmitter? I'm putting the new ESC in my son's car and for the life of me I can't get it to calibrate with his transmitter. I keep getting the fast flashing green light at the end of the calibration process. Throttle trim is zero'ed out and end points are set at max.

RC Qualifier
    I have heard of others having this problem.
    I know it’s not the same ESC but I have the Tactic radio paired with an XL5 in my Senton and don’t personally have problems.
    Before I tried it, I heard it was a Traxxas ESC / tactic radio thing but some examples work I guess.

VXL-3s ESC with Tactic TTX300?

Just to be clear, are you using a Tactic transmitter AND receiver? A Tactic tx will not work with a Traxxas rx.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC poster
    Correct, Tactic transmitter and receiver. Trying to pair it with a Traxxas VXL-3s ESC. I'm not having any luck so far.

Make sure you’re plugging in the esc into the right spot on the receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Yep, it's in channel two of the receiver. Hard to mess that one up, the rx is only 3 ports and it's keyed just like the Traxxas ones.

The tactic tx has a 70/30 throttle set up and is not changeable to 50/50. The traxxas esc wont be able to find neutral. I believe there is a setting somewhere to be able to run 70/30 on the vxl, look in the manual for this info. Once the esc is setup to run 70/30 you should be able to calibrate the tactic to the vxl.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    Ah, that sounds like it could be the problem. My son is going to be bummed, he likes the feel of that tx. I couldn't find any info in the Traxxas VXL instructions for a 70/30 calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    Ah, that sounds like it could be the problem. My son is going to be bummed, he likes the feel of that tx. I couldn't find any info in the Traxxas VXL instructions for a 70/30 calibration.
    How old is the vxl? I know the tqi radios have the ability to switch between 70/30 and 50/50. I seem to remember there is some steps needed to get the vxl to register 70/30, just can't recall when or where I saw it. Maybe a quick google search is in order.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    Bought the VXL esc last week to replace my son's Arrma BLX 100 ESC. He's already using Traxxas ID batteries and charger...simple is better for kids! Having an EZset button on the VXL for switching between NiMH and Lipo batteries makes things a lot more foolproof...the entire reason for buying the new ESC.