RC Enthusiast

Pro-Line or traxxas paddle tires ?

Im looking to buy paddle tires for my x-maxx and im not really sure pro-line tires are worth the extra money, other than having bead lock rims is there any other benefits ? Im just curious to hear your thoughts guys and also if anyone have try them in snow how they perform
    Any information would be welcome

RC Racer
    I bought a set. I ran them on my stock xmaxx. They are super heavy and take more power to turn than the stock electronics can put out. I ran them in my xmaxx with max 5 and 56113. That was fun!!
    Maybe the traxxas ones are better, if they weigh less.

RC Enthusiast
    Well since i plan to stay stock electronics for now i might go with the traxxas ones then , ive heard the pro-line ones being heavier but i wasnt sure it would be a problem for a stock xmaxx
    Thanks for the info

I have a set of the traxxas ones for my revo 2.0 and they’re really nice. No matter what you do, they will sap a lot of power from the truck but they’re still a blast for crossing water and I wanted to try them in the snow but the winter didn’t even show up to md this year.

Here IMHO. If your going to run in dry sand or snow over 50% of your play time. I wouldn't invest in paddles. Would some money on the Badlands instead

Of course if you got the extra 200$ or so to burn by all means get tires for each running condition.

In my 2.0 Revo bandlands do well enough at the beach I didn't bother with paddles.

I have a set of paddles for my rustler and my nitro slayer 4x4 pro. (Bead locks which broke at the hub on almost all 4) I think the slayer runs better on the stock tires than the paddles. On the wet sand I run on.

I don't think you will see much of a performance gain, if anything. Perhaps a loss in speed. Dry sand is perhaps only gain.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I bought PL paddles for my Slash 4x4 to be able to ride in the winter... guess what, it still stays parked on the shelf for 5 months...
    But my 8s XMaxx stays with me all year round. And this on stock tires! I love them!! In snow, on ice in slush... even pulling my kids in the street on their sled !!
    Only way I would pay the cost of paddles on my X is if I wanted to cross a lake with it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I thought it would make it go better in snow. Not the case. As mentioned stock tires are very good.

RC Enthusiast
    Well thank you very much for the info guys !! I found the stock tires awesome in snow too , just thought paddle tires would have been even more crazy but glad i came here to know more about them, well ill keep the money for different future upgrades as needed instead. Thanks again guys