RC poster

Need help please. Broken top plate posts

Hello,

I recently converted my son's stampede into a rustler. We installed the aluminum bellcrank set during the conversion. Soon after that the stock traxxas servo died so I replaced with with a much stronger metal servo. Since then the plastic post that the bellcrank slides onto on the the plastic top plate chassis broke right away. I ordered a new stock plastic plate since I can't seem to source an aluminum top plate and the replacement plastic one broke as soon as my son lightly ran into something.

I've never seen this problem before so I'm looking for some suggestions. I would love to source an aluminum plate if anyone knows where I can get one. I was also thinking about putting a threaded screw into the hollow holes of the plastic bellcrank posts and securing that through the bottom plate with a nut.

Any one have some advice on how to fix this reoccurring problem. We've upgraded all of the known weak points of the rustler, but this one is a real pain.

Thank you!
    Last edited by pistol_pete; 02-06-2020 at 05:12 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I've seen repairs made like you described by using a long screw through the plate and into the post. Try as long of a screw as possible.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    +1 on the fix with the long screw. Be careful not to screw it in too far. Doesn't FLM make a top chassis plate?

If you screw in a short cap head screw the head will rest in the recessed area of the top plate and offer some resistance/stability of the posts. I THINK this is the problem you are having, but not 100% sure.

MTFBWY

RC Qualifier
    i just put a screw thru the top and bottom seems to fix it

RC Qualifier

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I even shoe goo ed a metal plate on the top chassis for strength, it tends to bend

RC poster
    Thanks for the replies folks. I ended up putting screws up through the bottom and a nylon nut on the top to secure it down. Was working great until the servo linkage broke so it looks like we found the next most fragile part. I ordered a new beefy aluminum one which should be much stronger.

Cheers!