RC Enthusiast

Lightbulb New Shock Question..

I picked up a set of Integy MSR6 shocks. I know what your going to say they are bad ect ect.. i got them for a great price so i figured why not try them. What i want to know is if i could use any of the parts off of them like the metal parts to upgrade the stock shocks. The all metal spin adjuster is really nice and the titanium rod in the shock also the metal end rod looks pretty durable. I know the Integy shocks are known to leak and the piggy back system isn't that great. would there be any way to change the top of the piggy back shock to a regular top and run it normal.? If all else fails here i'm not out to much $$$. What would be a solid all metal shock set to buy.Oh yeah it did come with 3 sets of springs.

IMHO- I wouldn't try to change the Integy shocks. Try them. If your not happy with them use the money saved to get the Traxxas GTR hard-anodized shocks with a VDK (Variable Dampening Kit).

RC Enthusiast
    Hey thx Grizz for the fast reply. I think you have a good idea ill try them out and see how they hold up. They seem to actually be built nice but who knows what quality the metal is. Im not positive if i can still use the traxxas rear brace after installing these bcuz the piggyback is on top when you install its kinda funky. I am goin to take a look at the VDK shocks they look pretty nice.