RC Racer

Rustler problems!!

Picked up Rustl4r the other day & never put a battery in it till I had all my telemetry mounted, esc fan, motor fan & the rear Gtr shocks. Waiting on springs for the front shocks. Anyway, finally got everything buttoned up & went for a drive on pavement, 18/54, 3s setup. Mid run stripped a spur gear.

Replaced the spur & while setting the mesh something didnít feel right. Pull the rear diff housing off & it was very notching & in one spot hard to turn. Installed the screws & it would barely turn. Took it to the lhs, ring gear was binding on the front housing. He gave me the housing, installed that today. Everything felt great, out the car back together, ran it on the stand, slow acceleration it was good, a bit noisy, hit the throttle, spur stripped under no load!! Knowing the rear diff was good I took the front apart. Ran it on the stand with out the front installed, all good. Took the diff apart & the pinion gear had a lot of in & out movement. Put a shin under the drive hub to take the movement out, everything felt good. Put it back together & ran it on the stand. All sounded good. Took it to the pavement with a low battery it ran with no problems. Max speed according to the telemetry gps was 57mph.

All that said itís very frustrating to pay $400 for a rig & have that many problems out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Have you checked to see how tight the slipper clutch is? The only time I ever stripped a spur was because I had loose slipper clutch.
    The other thing I do is completely check over every nut and bolt with a new rig before I run it to minimize stuff like your going through, but that being said stuff sometimes just happens no matter what we do.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Have you checked to see how tight the slipper clutch is? The only time I ever stripped a spur was because I had loose slipper clutch.
    The other thing I do is completely check over every nut and bolt with a new rig before I run it to minimize stuff like your going through, but that being said stuff sometimes just happens no matter what we do.
    Yes sir I checked it. Tightened it all the way down & backed off a 1/4 turn. I just got donít going back over everything. As of now everything is good. Waiting on my springs, 50t & 52t spur gear.

RC Qualifier
    You have obviously been at the game for a while so I'm just throwing out things that I would look for so no disrespect on your abilities. Did you check the bearing adapter and the bearing itself on the slipper shaft or maybe your pinion gear mesh is loose, or maybe the gear that slides into the drive shaft is a little loose.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    You have obviously been at the game for a while so I'm just throwing out things that I would look for so no disrespect on your abilities. Did you check the bearing adapter and the bearing itself on the slipper shaft or maybe your pinion gear mesh is loose, or maybe the gear that slides into the drive shaft is a little loose.
    Sorry if you think I took if you think I took offense to your suggestions. But I didnít. I feel weíre all here to help each other out. So no offense taken of you think I did.

The car is running great now. Just charged the battery up & stuck somewhere old Anacondas on it from one of my Sl4sh builds & did a couple of speed runs. It went 62mph on those tires with the 18/54 gears. Motor temp was around 118 & esc was around 112. This thing is quite a blast.

RC Qualifier
    Not at all were good, just wasn't sure what you had checked or didn't check. Glad to hear it's up and running now don't hit anything in your quest for speed lol.