Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    77

    1/10 BL system in 1/16??

    So, I bought a 1/16 slash brushed brand new. I already have this 1/10 sidewinder 3 + Velineon 3S combo, and I was wondering if I could put this velineon motor in the mini slash. Not too worried about mounting the esc, as I can just make a simple 3D printed bracket mount. Any help is greatly appreciated

    Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    129
    Itís simple. You should the brushless system has the mount you need already. Simply just swap the motor & esc. I put a velenium 3500 in my merv. Look up merv big block you should able to find anything you want to know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    53
    The brushed versions of the 1/16 models use a 550 size motor. That is the same size used on 1/10 scale. All you need is the motor mount setup from one of those models. I have a mamba max pro and Castle 4600kv system on my merv.

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake483 View Post
    The brushed versions of the 1/16 models use a 550 size motor. That is the same size used on 1/10 scale. All you need is the motor mount setup from one of those models. I have a mamba max pro and Castle 4600kv system on my merv.
    So what motor mount do I use? Gearing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black-n-red View Post
    Itís simple. You should the brushless system has the mount you need already. Simply just swap the motor & esc. I put a velenium 3500 in my merv. Look up merv big block you should able to find anything you want to know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What gearing? Thanks
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-14-2020 at 01:33 AM. Reason: merge

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOmar63 View Post
    What gearing? Thanks
    Iíve got 31/45. But donít hope for it to be fast cause itís not. Iím pretty disappointed with its performance. Running 3s, 31/45 & it want even break 40mph.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Black-n-red View Post
    Iíve got 31/45. But donít hope for it to be fast cause itís not. Iím pretty disappointed with its performance. Running 3s, 31/45 & it want even break 40mph.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You think I can run stock gearing on 2s?

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    19004
    Posts
    77
    IMO, the brushed 1/16 slash is fine as it is, it struggles to keep the power down. I'd build up a 1/10 for speed.

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOmar63 View Post
    You think I can run stock gearing on 2s?
    Yeah 2s is fine. Iím just a speed freak.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Texas, by God!
    Posts
    60
    VXL3S system, running dual 3S batteries (in parallel) on a Ken Block Rally edition.

    MAXIMUM HOONAGE!

    Next step: figuring out how to effectively drift the thing.
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •