RC poster

Full speed is intermittent

hello. I have erevo 1/16 with velineon esc and motor (Vxl 3m and 380 size motor). Today I noticed that when the full speed is achieved on the car but for a second I release the throttle and repress it at full, the motor sounds aloud to intermittent.

To regain the top speed I have to release the throttle until I gain a very low power on the car, so I can reach again top speed without any intermittent.

Please join my question. I have checked all compinations of pinions (19t, 23t) and spurs (50t, 55t) with two lipos 1600mAh 3S 40C in parallel

When I use a single lipo it runs fine. It seems the esc handles the ecxessive burst that way.

Is it solved? Do I miss something?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-14-2020 at 01:32 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Check your parallel adapter. Sounds like it could be a bad connection. If it works fine without adapter, check your adapter for bad connection.

RC poster
    It works without issues in all attempts of full throttle if just I release it for several seconds but thanks anyway I will check the parallel harness

RC Competitor
    Try recalibrating the esc.

RC poster
    I already recalibrated the esc. Probably is related with the voltage passing the esc becase it happens before any chance to heat up; from the very first attempt

RC Qualifier
    Does it work fine with one battery?

Does it work fine with parallel batteries?

If it works fine with one battery and it doesn't work with two, that is where the problem is. Either one of your batteries is bad or a bad connection when using the parallel harness.

RC poster
    I just checked that each lipo works ok if connected independently without any harness. I also checked that one lipo works ok from both plugs of the parallel harness. Still with two lipos the speed is intermittent

it sounds like "whoop whoop whoop" real engine cut out

Now I have tested the two Nimh 1200mAh in series (14.8v) on the ground with 19t pinion and 55t spur and the same intermittent exist at full speed. I am sure that on stock gear (23t/50t) it was not making this. Maybe because I haven't manage to reach full speed for just enought time? I don't know. While holding the car on the air to test, the issue does not arise
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-14-2020 at 01:32 AM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    Have you added or changed parts that added weight to the car?